Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yea thats the Stock 460!

In my 02 I removed the council around the shifer then popped off the council surrounding the radio. I was told you need a special tool you can get from anywhere that sells car audio, its a two pronged U shape that slides into 2 holes on both sides of the radio that release it. But my radio didn't have the holes it simply had two 7mm screws located at the bottom of the radio. After removing the two screws the radio slid out and i unpluged all the wireing. When i got the radio out i removed four Torx screws surrounding the faceplate. After carefully removing that i carefully removed the 6 stuck cd's they needed a little tug every once and a while to get one or two out but I think it was the 4th cd that was the F'd up one i pulled out. After all were removed i replaced the faceplate and put the radio back in the car and put in a newly burnd Cd and it works fine....For now LOL

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
thank i need to do that to mine... im tired of no cds

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Just an observation, but i noticed that all of your damaged cd's are burned cd's. Some cd-r's have been proven to break apart at high speeds over time.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just an observation, but i noticed that all of your damaged cd's are burned cd's. Some cd-r's have been proven to break apart at high speeds over time.
Really...I never new that, i guess that might explain it. I got Maxell CD-R Max those were ok just that one showed any sign of damage

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
If you hit a good sized bump (with a lowered car/stiffer shocks) while changing CDs, this can happen--no need to ask how I know...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts