Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess I'm not so new to the site, but am new at posting here:D

I heard about the site in some posts on a couple local forums. After all the Demello bashing, I had to see what all the fuss and B.S was about:eek:hsnap

:wtf: :deadhorse: :dunno: :blah: :crazy:

WOW, all I can say is he has come a long way:lmao:

I meant to do an intro then and never got around to it. I guess that I did not save the site in my favorites, cause I deff meant to post here. It looks like a pretty damn good Mustang based site with some good info.

O.K, now a little about myself. My Name is Phil, I live in FL. I currently own a DSG 03 Cobra (that will hopefully be hitting the streets again sometime soon!), a KB 96 Cobra, and a pretty good performing LT1 Camaro (the wife's). Fast cars have been my addiction for years, at least it's a healthy one!
I try and go to the track as often as possible, but have not had the time to go as much as Id like lately.

I do mostly all of my own work on my cars from minor bolt ons, to completely building a car from a shell , building the engine, rebuilding and upgrading the transmissions (manuals only....so far). Two areas that I have not gotten into is tuning and painting cars.

I'll post some pics and more info about the rides later!

·
Registered
481 Posts
:wave
Welcome!

I cant believe you joined and forgot about us:eek:. Now that you remembered us you can forget about the other sites. Now, POST PICS!

·
The Deer Hunter
1,012 Posts
:wave welcome and +1 on the pics

Congrats on finding the post button :tomato

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
welcome

are you ready for the zombie invasion?

If not go buy a ar-15 and ammo before mods

you'll thank me later

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
i need an AR-15. a shotgun and a couple handguns. but for now. i'll just head to your house when it happens

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
^ I got your back!

Hopefully by then Ill have 2, 3, 4, hell maybe 8 of them!!!!

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
:welcome to MM :)

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone!

Getting ready to head out to a private track rental, I'll make sure to post some pics after we get home!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Had a blast running (driving) my friends 04 Cobra at the track! I hit a 10.91 @ 126 and backed it up after a few passes with a 10.94 @ 127:rockon

Now If I could only get one of mine race ready:eek:

Here are some pics of my 03:

These are when I first got the car:

The rest are pretty random and are not in chronological order:

BTW, the mesh style 19" wheels were off of an 04 GT that I had for a little while and I had put them on the Cobra and my old Notch to see what they looked like. They looked OK, but were just not my style.

The car has been a work in progress for quite some time. My plans called for throwing all streetability out the window and going with a BIG pro Charger and an auto. But it has taken a back set to my Wifes LT1 build and my 96.

Now I plan on going back to stock with it, ok not stock, but what I consider stock SHOULD be! (posi ported eaton, full bolt ons, SRA, sticky tires).

The big pro charged (F1c) auto (th400) set up will eventually find its way into my 96. But only after I run the best ET possible with it's current combo.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now for my 96:
It has an 04 Cobra crate motor that is stock from valve covers to pan with a KB2.8H, T56, and some suspension work.

It is not too pretty, but it gets the job done!

Here is a vid from two DH events (private track rentals) that Ive had it in:
In the first couple passes it still had the ported eaton blower, and in the last three it has the KB.
and the slips from the night I ran the 9.93:

Since then I've added a weld in rear anti roll bar. The car launches MUCH straighter now, but Ive been asked to not bring the car back until it has ALL the proper safety equipment (namely a cage, lol).

I got away with running 11.2's, 10.89, 10.59, 10.7s, and finally the night that I ran the 9.93 one of the techs told me that I need to get a cage, fire jacket, 5 point harness, etc. That was right after the 10.01 pass. The next pass I ripped off the 9.93 and parked the car.
I had the car back three times after that, and finally got "the official" warning and boot.

So until I put a cage in it, I just get to enjoy it on the street.

Here are a couple pics of it:
This is its current in need of paint state:sorry It will be going back to white ASAP, but a much brighter white then stock.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Now for the Wifes LT1.

My wife is a die hard F-Body freak. She loves fourth Gens and the new 5th gen.
She's had her 97 Camaro since 05 (I think) and it has gone from a 3.8v6 auto, to an LT1 / T56 beast that will suprise anyone that thinks they are up against the typical low 14, high 13 second LT1.

Here are some pics of it:

When it was bone stock:

With a little bit of style:

Some fresh Dark Shadow Grey paint to match my Cobra:

Reflective black lettering:

Flash:

Without flash

The Z06s are now gone. For a short time it had factory polished C6 18/19s, but my wife HATED how high it made the rear sit. So its currently on draglites:)

It's new heart :

Out with the old:

In with the new:

Here is a quick idle vid of it:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Very impressive.
Thank you!

Ok and now for some reminiscing!

Here are some of my past rides:
One of my most recent and probably one of my favorites was my 88 Notch. I built a mild 331 with a DSS level 10 block and a DSS pro lite rotating assembly, AFR165 heads, E303 cam, Cobra intake, and an S-trim. With the stock vortech pulleys it put down 485/481. It was a fun little car, but I was TEARING up T5's left and right. I broke a WC T5Z trans, a Gforce T5, and last but not least an AstroPerformance Super T5 (now called an A5). The last two failures were more than likely due to running an aggressive clutch and I was shocking the trans too hard...Live and learn....
That's why I have a soft hitting clutch in my 96 and it just works.

Ok here are some pics:
I had it painted 98 Corvette Torch Red, which was a big improvement from this:

My favorite pics of it (Cant you tell I love Draglites, lol)

I really want another notch, but I NEED to finish the current projects first!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
And for some random, previous rides:

04 GT:

96 Cobra

98 Cobra and 88 GT vert (beater!)

My first notch, 90lx

I had about 8 or 9 turd Gen F bodies whan I was younger.....I wisened up;) , but here are the only pics that I have on my photobucket.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Out with the old:

In with the new:

:eek:
You've got to be shitting me. Is that how you have to put the motor in?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts