Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i put Eibach Sportline Lowering springs on back in June with 17x10.5" 03 CCW's and 315/35/17's. my rear tires were rubbing the fender well lip when I would hit a bump.

last weekend i put new Tokico HP rear shocks on and the weekend before that I put on Tokico HP front struts, MM c/c plates, and a steeda bumpsteer.

today when I got home from running to the bank, i heard a weird noise from the rear as I was pulling in the drive way. so i parked it got out and looked and my tires were shredded along the outer edge. my rear tires have been hitting on the fender lip again and this time it's worse than before I replaced the stock shocks.

i took it to a local mechanic, and he cut the fender lips into sections then took a mallet and pounded them up so they would roll the lip up so it wouldn't cut the tires anymore.

has anyone else had this problem and what else can I do to fix it????

·
Registered
468 Posts
most people just do what your mechanic did...or sometimes they roll the fenders outward to make them flare out...other than that you can play with different offset rims but i wouldnt get rid of those ccw's they are SSIIICCKKK...plus with a different offset u would run the risk of rubbing on the quad shock, exhaust, etc

·
Registered
468 Posts
if you know any "volkswagen" kids, god i hate them, talk to them about rolling your fenders out...they do it all the time around here...after all if u aint rubbin u aint v-dubbin

·
Registered
468 Posts
actually most of the time you cant tell much but it looks good when done correctly

·
Registered
468 Posts
pic of fender roller

·
Registered
468 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
doesnt look all the much different

·
Registered
468 Posts
this is an extreme case and a crappy job

·
Registered
468 Posts
if it works then i'd leave it... but if it still rubs a bit you cant even tell with the first car just make sure whoever does it knows what they're doing

·
Banned
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i just ordered new spring isolators. apparently im missing an isolator for each side.

so i ordered a set of 4 for the rear off energysuspensions's website.

2 for each side. this will keep the car from going down too far.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts