Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, my kids are driving me nuts! Every time a commercial comes on, not 1 second into it, my kids start saying, "fast forward dad!".. the 3 year old doesn't do the "fast forward" he says "back on".. drives me nuts!

I remember the days where it was a knob with 13 positions and only 4 of them worked!

/rant

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
I completely agree. I love DVR when nobody else is around because I can take my time finding the remote and fast forwarding through commercials, but when anyone else is around they'll see it go to commercials and instead of waiting a few seconds they're instantly yelling, "Fast forward it!" Patience would be nice. It seems like people have a better reaction time when it comes to what's on the tv screen than what's around them when they're driving :crazy

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
They're kids man. Don't let it get to you.

·
Cum On Me Bro
8,106 Posts
I always forget ff is even there, cause I rarely even use it to record stuff. For the most part I use rewind and pause on live tv so I don't miss something.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn't say you were.
I know you didn't.. that's why the LOL is there.. to kinda show it's just an annoyance and not a serious problem.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
My kids are bad when we try to watch Youtube vids. As soon I start one they want to see they immediately begin to ask to see the ones in the suggestion column. It's annoying but I got over it. I think it has something to do with it being new to them and they're just trying to take it all in. I just really need to keep an eye on Youtube now!

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My kids are bad when we try to watch Youtube vids. As soon I start one they want to see they immediately begin to ask to see the ones in the suggestion column. It's annoying but I got over it. I think it has something to do with it being new to them and they're just trying to take it all in. I just really need to keep an eye on Youtube now!
that's funny because 5 minutes ago I was bored and decided to watch a clip from Deuce Bigalow on my phone.. Immediately, my daughter wanted to join in and there was another one of those clips your talking about of someone following this woman with stretch pants and an butt that look like she had stuffed two 20lb turkeys in her pants.

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
My wife will actually pause live tv and go do something else just so she can fast forward through commercials. I love my dvr, but it's the devil. I can never go back to watching "regular" tv...

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
I usually try to watch live TV so it doesn't matter much. Then I'll have something recorded and I always seem to forget I can fast forward through the commercials. I almost always end up watching commercials on my recordings. :(

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My wife will actually pause live tv and go do something else just so she can fast forward through commercials. I love my dvr, but it's the devil. I can never go back to watching "regular" tv...
We do the same thing.. Very rarely do we watch anything "live".

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I actually enjoy watching some commercials. keeps me current on all the new ****.
I can stand some commercials, like when I'm watching Spike TV or something :D but my TV stays on Scooby-Doo or Johnny Test when the kids are watching and if they aren't on DVR it's, "I want to buy that toy".. LOL I always ask, you got a job sucker!?

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
The only time I watch live TV is when I've gone through all my recordings lol...I only record a few shows though.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Personally, I like commercials. I think they are comical and entertaining.
One thing I hate about commercials are the boundaries they are pushing. I understand the need for "women products" but Axe commercials "clean your balls", Orbitz Gum "You lint licker", the Erectile Dis-function commercials... in the middle of the freaking day! I have a 7 yr old and a 3 year old that want to know, "dad, what does that mean?"

There is a commercial for Maxipads or something and the Maxipad is riding a bucking bronco machine.. My 3 year old son says, "I want that toy!"

LOL

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
One thing I hate about commercials are the boundaries they are pushing. I understand the need for "women products" but Axe commercials "clean your balls", Orbitz Gum "You lint licker", the Erectile Dis-function commercials... in the middle of the freaking day! I have a 7 yr old and a 3 year old that want to know, "dad, what does that mean?"

There is a commercial for Maxipads or something and the Maxipad is riding a bucking bronco machine.. My 3 year old son says, "I want that toy!"

LOL
TV has come a long ways. I remember when Baywatch was the most controversial show on TV. Now most kids programming blows that out of the water.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts