Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Come at me bro
3,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I was going to lower the fuel pressure my tuner had set way to high a while ago. it is set at just over 45psi with the vacuum off at idle, engine warm. was going to lower it to the OEM 39psi to see if the car would pick up power.

decided to drive the car to get it up to temperature, but of course my god damn belt was squeaking like a miniature mouse street whore, so I had to spend 5 minutes hitting it with "belt dressing" spray, and waiting of it to set, and the chirp come back, spray it again, ETC

so it finally stops, I pull out onto the street, I don't get 3 blocks and the damn belt starts squeaking again, anything over 1,500rpm:mad:

**** it. I'm driving.

Car is running great, decide im going to go clean the engine bay at the car wash since the belt dressing got all over the engine bay.

spray out the engine pretty good.

Car is running shitty, kinda expect it since I didn't cover the distributor or anything. 5-10min later its driving just fine.

go to grab some food on the way home, so I can eat, then drop the fuel pressure. sit in the drive through for a while, get on my merry way. At the next light, the god damned engine light pops on.:mad:

drive home. pull in my driveway, and key off the car because im a retard and forgot I needed to run KOER tests. So I go ahead and run KOEO test, I get codes 15, 85 then 10, then 91

start car up, pull it in garage, smells rich as hell run KOER I get code 92.

I was chasing this damn o2 sensor codes after the tune I got, and before rebuilding the bottom end. I found a bad TPS while rebuilding the motor, and havn't had a issue up until now.

I am sick of getting one issue solved, then another showing up.

Any help would be appreciated.

also feel free to discuss the little things about your car that make you want to punch new born babies.

·
Come at me bro
3,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hate that my cars slow
REAL slow :rolleyes:

lol, you get a 91 and a 92? ... try swapping and see if you get a 41/42?
you mean the o2 harness left to right, or just the o2 sensors?

I know the feeling....Trust me!:yes Just take your time go with it!:cool: I had the same problems...and even bigger ones like replacing T5's every few months!:cool:
I couldn't get rid of that car if I wanted too. I'm already balls deep. ****in' money pit.

at least your problems arent that major. I hate when thinks break and I don't have the tool for it.

lol, rebuilding the engine 200 miles ago, after it ate itself wan't a major problem?

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
do what I did and prepare your anus to crack a few stock blocks lulzlz

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
What a long day for you bud, that sucks. Hope you get things squared away right quick.

& My paint is like falling off it feels like. Everyday I find a new blemish. The area aroudn my antenna is bubbling, my roofs clearcoat is messed up and looks like someone spilled water ontop of my car, and I have what looks like rock chips EVERYWHERE on my car. Ugh. And I have an engine tick that it seems only I can hear. Wtf.

·
Come at me bro
3,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What a long day for you bud, that sucks. Hope you get things squared away right quick.

& My paint is like falling off it feels like. Everyday I find a new blemish. The area aroudn my antenna is bubbling, my roofs clearcoat is messed up and looks like someone spilled water ontop of my car, and I have what looks like rock chips EVERYWHERE on my car. Ugh. And I have an engine tick that it seems only I can hear. Wtf.
you sure its oem paint? wtf

wasn't a long day really, got home from work at 830am was in bed by 10am, slept until 2pm, was back in bed by 7pm woke up for work at 1030pm.

only spent about an hour and a half with the car.

·
Registered
207 Posts
when im backing up and crank it to the left or goin over a speed bump my front pass. tire (area) makes a popping sound........... and i feel it in my steering wheel a little.......FML...... Also bay wires are cracking like a BITCH......

·
Registered
408 Posts
-I hate that my car has crazy ass vacuum leaks. cold starts get the tach jumping from 0.5k to 2.5k all morning long
-I hate that the wiring needs some serious check up. Everything's corroded / half-assly assembled. Things go on and off depending on the mutated buss bar's mood
- I hate that I've went through 5 rack and pinions that all start leaking within an hour of filling up. Can't find any unless they're from the junkyard or remanufactured (badly). **** it, I'm going with Flaming River's manual rack.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts