Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have a 96 mustang with cold air, short throw shifter, x pipe, and flowmasters. I have 600 dollars i need to spend on it. What do you guys think would be the best investment

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok so i was thinking about getting 4.10's so do i just need to purchase the gears? Or is there something else i need to buy. I wanted to get a shop to install them. How much would that run. I want the job done right.

·
Registered
991 Posts
you have a N.P.I. dont listen to anyone on here get a swap first best bang for your buck at this point

·
Registered
991 Posts
save up several hundred more you will be very happy

·
Registered
962 Posts
intake and cams...

·
Registered
590 Posts
you have a N.P.I. dont listen to anyone on here get a swap first best bang for your buck at this point
Hah this guy. Goes from "omgz answer this question" to "i know everything" in 3 months...
Don't forget these people you're telling him not to listen to are who you learned everything from.

Back on topic, I'd say see if you can find a pi intake and cams if you can install them yourself, and if you have enough left then gears.

·
The UPS guy
3,232 Posts
intake cams and gears...i you shop around you can get intake under 150 cams under 50 and gears 200....plus install....

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Ok so i was thinking about getting 4.10's so do i just need to purchase the gears? Or is there something else i need to buy. I wanted to get a shop to install them. How much would that run. I want the job done right.
Your install should be anywhere between $200 and $400 depending on where you are. Where are you? There is most likely someone on here near you that can refer a good shop. You have said it once but to repeat, you want someone that definitely has experience and knows what they are doing. With your 96 you are going to want to put in new bearings. The whole kit is less than $90 and the gears are around $200. The PI stuff is a great improvement too.

·
Registered
368 Posts
intake cams and gears...i you shop around you can get intake under 150 cams under 50 and gears 200....plus install....

i dont know where you could find gears for 200.. unless you dont shop for FRPP.. but your looking like 230-240 and if you get the master bearing kit your looking closer to 300.. but if you do find some for 200 point me in the right direction! :)

·
Registered
368 Posts
oh nice.. thats a good price.. doesnt look like you could get master bearing kit with it tho.. annd what brand our those?

·
Registered
991 Posts
Hah this guy. Goes from "omgz answer this question" to "i know everything" in 3 months...
Don't forget these people you're telling him not to listen to are who you learned everything from.

Back on topic, I'd say see if you can find a pi intake and cams if you can install them yourself, and if you have enough left then gears.
well you dont have to be an asshole having a NPI and wanting to do it i also looked up alot of stuff i never even hinted i know everything i am more than posotive that i dont know alot but at this point him having a NPI thats the best way to start off his car ..... why not take car of some of it now while he has a nice chunk of the money for cams?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts