Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna buy the 3.73 gears but they also sell the Motive Bearing Kit (8.8in) and the Royal Purple Max Gear 75w90 Gear Oil.Should i buy all three things or it is a waste of $$$ ?....thanks

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
U talking about from American Muscle? New bearings are never a bad idea. How many miles on your car? The royal purple is great. I would reccomend using some regular gear oil first to make sure everything is good and nothing has to be redone. then put the royal purple in. that way you are not wasting royal purple if the seal leaks or the gears have to be adjusted and you have to drain it all back out.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
FYI. Get the pinion seal seal from ford. They are alot better quality.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
if you really dont have anything done no reason to really go pay money for a dyno tune... get a xcal from trick tunners and they can send you a tune and thats perfect..

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
^ you forgot the extra 2 years of FREE retunes no matter what you do to your car..
wow that is a cool deal......maybe i need to get a new edge

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
yeah one of my friends is really considering getting a new edge so i have been hanging out over here some to start learning a few things about these cars......help him out a lil because he will be modding it

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
I'll help him out for ya.

if you didn't notice... Trick Tuners is the only vendor that helps people as well as selling products.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts