Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Mustang GT and it comes with the Mach system (the one from factory) when I got the car it didnt have a radio:dunno later on i bought a regular aftermarket radio, I got in my friends Mustang GT he had the Mach system too and I notice that his car has bass!!! I didnt know the mach system came with bass lol I have the two AMPS in the back under the rear speaker but I dont get no bass, what could it be? Do I replace the AMPS? how can I check if they work?

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
u turn the bass option up?

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
do you have the mach 460 or mach 1000? the 1000 came with a row of amps and 2 subs. maybe you have the mach 460 and he has the mach 1000.

here's a picture of my trunk, i have the mach 1000 system.

·
Bearer of Bad News
2,478 Posts
Your aftermarket radio will not power the subs. My advice, find a Mach head unit (make sure it matches the year of your car) and install it. It's cheap, easy, and you'll have bass. I went through this before when my first stock head unit died. The aftermarket head unit was great, but without completely rewiring everything, no bass. And I hear it's not worth it to try to get the factory speakers rewired, rather get a whole new audio setup. These things are very proprietary.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
My Kenwood gave the me option of tuning the rears and front and to what frequency range I want them at :dunno

My sounds pretty damn good to me and normally I'm VERY particular on that ****.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
do you have the mach 460 or mach 1000? the 1000 came with a row of amps and 2 subs. maybe you have the mach 460 and he has the mach 1000.

here's a picture of my trunk, i have the mach 1000 system.
I have the one that has two amps not 4. lol I took it to a shop a while ago and they told me that the amp are not turning on, and they told me to get a whole new system with all speakers around and a 4 channel amp. I dont wanna spend so much money on that, cant I just get a 4 channel amp if my factory amps are not working anymore? or what do I need?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
There is a plug in you can buy...did you put the system in youreself? If so I bet there's a extra pkug not plugged in...I recently asked the same thing cause I want to put a 7" screen in...look it up maybe you'll find mine they had a link to it

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I went back and searched it and found my old one...just go to a best buy and get the harness...it should consist of two plugs one that does your power and all your speakers then a second with two rca cables you know the ones that have a red and a white end...that's what you need

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went back and searched it and found my old one...just go to a best buy and get the harness...it should consist of two plugs one that does your power and all your speakers then a second with two rca cables you know the ones that have a red and a white end...that's what you need
well the car came without a radio when I bought it. the only thing I put was a aftermarket radio (indash) and thats it I didnt change anything else. The speakers work good but no bass:sorry

·
Registered
444 Posts
There has to be an aftermarket wiring harness to plug into your cars stock harness, that will allow the amps to switch on. its usually a blue wire out of an aftermarket stereo.. my sisters 97 T-Bird has a factory amp, and I had to connect a wire for the new stereo to turn the factory amp on. I dont see it right that you cant get an aftermarket deck to work properly with your stock speaker setup.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
you need to get the correct harness is all. as mentioned above there is a harness with the power side and speaker side and then another plug with rca connections for your subs that connect directly to the sub-output of your deck. make sure also that the Blue/white remote turn on wire is connected to the amp turn on wire also blue/white

·
Registered
343 Posts
Your aftermarket radio will not power the subs. My advice, find a Mach head unit (make sure it matches the year of your car) and install it. It's cheap, easy, and you'll have bass. I went through this before when my first stock head unit died. The aftermarket head unit was great, but without completely rewiring everything, no bass. And I hear it's not worth it to try to get the factory speakers rewired, rather get a whole new audio setup. These things are very proprietary.
this isn't true exactly, i installed an aftermarket sony to work with the stock amps.
http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/electronics/116467-how-install-aftermarket-radio-mach-460-a.html
that's the link, the trick is powering the amps and then sending low level signals to the speakers and letting the amps make the bass, otherwise you end up listening to tweeters

·
Registered
2 Posts

you can just buy a 30 dollar converter from a few companys and then you'd NEVER have to rewire anything to get the subs to play just fine with aftermarket head units....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts