Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im new to site. i going to order a vortech supercharger with the air to water cooler for my 2000 gt my ride has 85000 miles on it now do you guys think there would be a problem alot of peeps say that theres too many miles on my motor for a s/c. ive had no problems with car whatsoever motor runs and sounds strong completely rebuilt rear end with ford racing 3:73 gears ford aluminum 3.5" driveshaft flowmaster exhaust steeda short throw shifter new spec stage 3 clutch. also what do guys think about the vortech s/c ? thanks guys!

·
Registered
411 Posts
I think you would be fine with it at 85k, shoot its just getting warmed up. Lol. Is this the new positive displacement s\c? The reason I ask is because centirs use an air to air intercooler vs the liguid to air found on most positive displacement s\c's. If you are getting the new pos dis from vortech, congrats, your the first I've heard of getting one.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
If it runs well now it will be fine

I think you would be fine with it at 85k, shoot its just getting warmed up. Lol. Is this the new positive displacement sc? The reason I ask is because centirs use an air to air intercooler vs the liguid to air found on most positive displacement sc's. If you are getting the new pos dis from vortech, congrats, your the first I've heard of getting one.
Vortech uses a air/water ic for their centrifuge SC's.

Their twin screw is made by lysholm and sold through vortech. There's no kit for the mustang yet.

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
mine will probably have between 80 and 81k on it before summer is out and I plan on throwin 9psi of KB beastly-ness at it lol I dont see where you'll have a problem....450 rwhp is about the max with the stock rotating assembly (some people have broken that number with no problems however) I'm gonna have it tuned conservatively to 420 (hopefully it'l make that much without havin to push the envelope to much lol) and call it a day....I would rather have longevity for the time being than high numbers and short life span :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for info

just ordered my s/c jivepepper that is the one cant wait $4,700.00 complete and shipped.:D thanks this site is awesome.man im going to need a whole day to read up on the forums. lol!:yes

·
Registered
411 Posts
I completely forgot about that type of intercooler. Sorry for the mislead to anyone else reading. I always think of the air to air when talking about a centri.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I wanted that Vortech HO kit for along time, but didn't have $5k. I ended up buying a used Vortech V1 and got a air-water setup pieced together from a bunch of different places. I have a 2000 gt with 87k miles, cast iron windsor block. When it came to making the air-water setup, I used the Vortech HO kit as a template.

One thing I noticed about the Vortech HO kit is that it uses a small 12x7" radiator mounted kind of strangely in the front bumper. It actually faces downward from the pics I have seen, meaning it sits flat in the front bumper. I thought that was odd, why not mount the radiator so the air flows through it?

I mounted mine sitting straight up and down. It does block the engine radiator, but I have to think that the flow of air is better. I ended up getting another one and mounting them in series for even more cooling of the water in the system.

I have not heard of anyone complaining about the Vortech setup in terms of water heat, but maybe looking into a second radiator or a fan for the one that comes with the kit might be a good upgrade.

·
Registered
374 Posts
i have a buddy with 126.000 miles on his car he put a 150 wet shot on it last year still runs like a champ its a 99 as long as you maintenance your motor well, you will be fine!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts