Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have finally narrowed it down to two different drops and tires. "Thanks Jucostud" Thanks everyone for the help.

Just needing some advice and getting some opinions. I have 20x8.5 up front and a 20x10 in the rear. I want a aggressive stance with a wide back tire but still have good ride quality, i know it wont be great. Keep in mind this a daily driver as well. Should i

1. Get the Eibach Pro Sytsem Plus and run a 315/35/20 nitto nt05.

OR

2. Get the Eibach Sport System Plus and run a 305/35/20 nitto nt555r.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I love my 555's if its a traction issue your worried about the 555's will be fine, I can floor it in first at 4k and the tires hardley squeek. They're sticky as hell, I get off the reeway and pieces of paper get stuck all over them. The drag radials will look meaner though, they're also more expensive.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love my 555's if its a traction issue your worried about the 555's will be fine, I can floor it in first at 4k and the tires hardley squeek. They're sticky as hell, I get off the reeway and pieces of paper get stuck all over them. The drag radials will look meaner though, they're also more expensive.
How will the drag radials hold up in the winter months when its cold?

·
The Constitutionalist
431 Posts
I live in colorado and I ran my worn out, nearly bald nt555's all winter with only minor issues... i would have to start in 2nd to 3rd gear to get a start without spinning much, but like i said they were "pretty bald" i got about 20,000 miles out of them plus or minus a few burnouts ;)

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Like Juco said, you'll rub with option number two.

As far as tires if you're looking for the most aggressive street tire without going to a drag radial like the NT555R. Why don't you look into the NT05? It's got a tread rating of 200 so it's slightly less than the NT555s at 300. However we all know that tires are a trade off. If you want better performance you'll sacrifice longevity. If you want longevity, you'll sacrifice performance. It's the nature of the beast.

What kind of sticky tires have you had before....?? The NT555s are the farthest thing from sticky, they are a super hard tire.

·
Registered
789 Posts
^ this is the sorest tire I've ever owned... the nt555r... on this car its only my second set though, first was the stockers which sucked terribly.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I like the look of a low car. If the car is a DD and you do some real driving then get the 295/30/20 and forget about a DR until you got the power to need one.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Like Juco said, you'll rub with option number two.

As far as tires if you're looking for the most aggressive street tire without going to a drag radial like the NT555R. Why don't you look into the NT05? It's got a tread rating of 200 so it's slightly less than the NT555s at 300. However we all know that tires are a trade off. If you want better performance you'll sacrifice longevity. If you want longevity, you'll sacrifice performance. It's the nature of the beast.

So for a DD would you suggest the Eibach Pro Sytsem Plus and run a 315/35/20 nitto nt05 or Eibach Sport System Plus and run a 295/30/20 nitto nt555 or something else?

No coilovers.

Which would be a better ride and better performance? Keep in mind im running the AM Black Bullitt Wheels 20x8.5 and 20x10.
I dont want to feel every single bump in the road or rub but at the same time i know its Not going to ride like a caddy by any means.

I love the stance of the staggered setup with a fat wide tire in the rear. The only thing about the nt05 i was worried about was rain and winter driving. Im not really putting down the power for it either i just like the stance. Most people will say just throw on your stocks for winter but i bought the car with the rims already on so no stocks.

Thanks for the help. Just trying to get the right setup the first time befor i spend all this money on tires and a susp pak.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Nt05s are great in the rain, winter idk about. I have them up front and in the back right now. 255/35/20 in the front and 315/35/20 in the back. I am on Pro kit springs.

However I just ordered 555Rs for the rear to try them out for the summer. Need some traction badly. The NT05s will give you plentyyy of traction if you are not blown. They were a great tire, and will probably get them again after my experiment.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nt05s are great in the rain, winter idk about. I have them up front and in the back right now. 255/35/20 in the front and 315/35/20 in the back. I am on Pro kit springs.

However I just ordered 555Rs for the rear to try them out for the summer. Need some traction badly. The NT05s will give you plentyyy of traction if you are not blown. They were a great tire, and will probably get them again after my experiment.
How long did the tread last? How is the ride quality on just the springs? Do you rub any?

I plan on getting one of the full suspensions kits either the Pro Plus system or Spot Plus system. Any suggestions on that?

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Lasted me a year, and i destroyed them via torque on the regular. I pieced together my suspension, but any of those full kits work great.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lasted me a year, and i destroyed them via torque on the regular. I pieced together my suspension, but any of those full kits work great.
Thats not to bad, i have nt555 right now, they came on the car when i bought it, so not sure how long they were on prior to purchase.

So you wouldnt prefer one of those kits over the other??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts