1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Sarcastic Sally
3,352 Posts
I know all the 2010+ guys wannabe be all cool and all knowing like us lol:D but as far as UPR Products go, I dont have personal experience with them, but from what I heard through the grapevine is their mechanical products tend to be cheaply made, hence they are cheap to buy, but their aesthetic products(which is a pretty big selection) tend to hold up pretty well, they dont get alot of tough/rough use i.e. dash kits, interior items and such...But if it came down to my car, I wouldnt want to go cheap with something that is kinda important to my safety or performance...sorry for the paragraph response lol

·
Made in U.S.A.
22,435 Posts
I know all the 2010+ guys wannabe be all cool and all knowing like us lol:D but as far as UPR Products go, I dont have personal experience with them, but from what I heard through the grapevine is their mechanical products tend to be cheaply made, hence they are cheap to buy, but their aesthetic products(which is a pretty big selection) tend to hold up pretty well, they dont get alot of tough/rough use i.e. dash kits, interior items and such...But if it came down to my car, I wouldnt want to go cheap with something that is kinda important to my safety or performance...sorry for the paragraph response lol
Really? Can you provide any threads? I've never heard of anyone having a problem with UPR's stuff...

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I bought quite a few parts in the past. I bought some interior billet pieces and they didnt last very long. they scratched very easily, got brown in color and the finish on the parts became cloudy.

only good thing I bought from them was the oil catch can in black, and that thing works great!

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Really? Can you provide any threads? I've never heard of anyone having a problem with UPR's stuff...

Yup, more heresay on the internet. :)

I haven't had any personal experience with UPR, other than their catch can, but I would recommend checking out BMR as well. I've had great luck with their suspension products, and they are priced aggressively.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I recommend BMR as well, bought a lot of stuff from them and are of great quality. I haven't had any expirience with UPR either, but haven't heard anything bad about their suspension stuff.

·
Sarcastic Sally
3,352 Posts
I cant find some of the threads from my other forum SoCalStangs but I did find this thread, and apparently the guy is happy with his Sub Frame Connectors, so maybe their suspension products arent all that bad, but however I do continually see that everyone hates their customer service lol http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/99-04/29982-upr-products.html BMR FTW

·
Registered
872 Posts
I bought a ton of stuff from UPR back in the Fox days, which I admit was a long time ago, and it was always top notch. I hear the same thing nowadays, but have no direct experience with their stuff now. If I had the opportunity, I would still buy their products based on what I know.

·
You had one job!
9,138 Posts
I have a full CHE rears set up and I am very happy with it. You can save a little cash over BMR stuff, I never heard anything terrible about either though.

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
I also reccomend BMR. My car is full of BMR undeneath it, including the lowering springs, and I am very happy with it and would do it the same if I was doing it over again. BMR link is in my sig.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I've been to the UPR tent at NMRA events and had an up close look at their products several times. They sell a lot of bling **** and the quality looks pretty good, mostly all billet. The only thing we have bought was a catch can on my boy's car and it's just fine quality. From what I've seen up close, the suspension stuff is more race/no frills oriented and seems like it would be on the noisy side on a daily driver, but would work well on the track.

I don't particularly like the structural design of the control arms you show in that link. I see weakness built in, but I'm not an engineer.

·
4,253 Posts
I have heard nothing negative...

I have a bunch of their bling underhood caps.

I run Steeda suspension.

In your shoes, on that part, I'd go BMR or Steeda.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I bought quite a few parts in the past. I bought some interior billet pieces and they didnt last very long. they scratched very easily, got brown in color and the finish on the parts became cloudy.

only good thing I bought from them was the oil catch can in black, and that thing works great!
ive bought many upr products and never had an issue with any of em...
as far as the cloudiness and discoloration.....you need to clean em once in a while and use some good polish on em. i have the interior pcs(ALL of em for a 98) and they look like new even after 10 years of use. hers a pic to prove it

none of my stuff is tarnished, even the parts in the engine bay and the underside of the car...

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
I've bought some UPR stuff but they were only trim pieces. I just don't think that those things look very strong. Even the UPR website talks about it's styling and beauty as it's selling point's, and refers to there parts as "dress up."

Quality Construction:

CNC Machined from Billet Aluminum.

No one else can Stack up to the bold clean styling of our aftermarket Billet / Stainless Steel Dress Ups, Street / Strip / Racing Suspension and Performance Parts for your American Muscle Car like UPR Products!

No where does it talks about it's strength or toughness.

BMR billets are probably going to be the strongest. Though the tubular ones will probably suffice. Might be a bit lighter too if that matters. I have the BMR billet ones myself, along with the rest of my suspension being BMR, except for the dampners and springs.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts