Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 92 mustang GT how can i make it sound really loud and good :| im a newb at this stuff my last car was a 2002 grandprix :D so help me plz :D

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
open headers........syke, do an exhaust from the headers back. is it an aod or t5? if its a t5 i would do long tubes,aod shorties to an H or X pipe to a magnaflow exhaust

·
Registered
173 Posts
this is what you should do, bbk longtube headers into bbk h-pipe into flowmaster 40's that will sound the

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
:withhomo but it doesnt have to be bbk there are less expensive h pipes that are just as good. but deff the 40 series and some nice headers but research them get ones u can use with the gt40 p heads just in case u decide to get some later.. also an aftermarket intake and a cam will give u a good sound..

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
this is what you should do, bbk longtube headers into bbk h-pipe into flowmaster 40's that will sound the
magnaflow makes more power than flowmaster, so do a number of others, but i forgot that you wanted the sound so go flowmaster

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i heard something about havin the exhaust stop before the axle and no tips or something will make it louder i dont need a GOOD sounding exhaust but it would be nice

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i didnt know if no tips made it louder or if u had to put turndowns on them or whatever to make it louder :p like i said imma noob then ppl talk about dumping it before the axle is that the same thing as header dumps?

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
3 parts to an exhaust system man.

headers
mid pipe
cat back

open headers is different that regular dumps.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
i heard something about havin the exhaust stop before the axle and no tips or something will make it louder i dont need a GOOD sounding exhaust but it would be nice
just cut your tailpipes off right after the muffler and attach some turndowns u can get from autozone.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so good headers a H pipe and flowmaster 40's and turndowns the car should be really loud :p like i want ?

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have bbk shorties, x pipe with flows and dumps and yeah my buddy can hear my car from two blocks away and it is a low loud growl.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
what about the cats do these cars have any or do i need them is an exhaust shop goin to flip a nut if i dont have them?

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
emissions will flip a nut if you dont have them, you will or will not need them according to where you live

1 - 20 of 28 Posts