Modded Mustang Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Lesbian Carwash
2,189 Posts
You should have gone to the AM show, yes there will be idiots at any big show people go to but I wouldnt let it deter you from having fun. You could run your car at the track at AM so I think that minimized the people ****ing around on the street.
Although, last time we went, we did block traffic on the PA turnpike in order to get a sweet tunnel video. If you recall, we did get a babysitter (state trooper) after that.

·
Registered
293 Posts
First off cops cant do **** unless they catch you in the act. We were using a side road blocked off on one side and did some nice stuff, apparently someone called into the cops, by that time we were back at a parking lot gathered around and the cop pulls in running his trap saying he is impounding the cars, I said officer unless you have some type of video proof you need to go on about your business before i call the police about harrassment. Cop finally shut up and left.

Anyways yes racing in traffic is dumb but if your on a road and no one in sight for miles and its late go do it who cares.

·
Slo_n_low
63 Posts
No street racing or roll racing?! But how am I supposed to spool up the turbo in my Civic? Plus drag strips are for old guys.

lol.

Nah, street racing is ridiculously stupid, especially how some people do it. I've seen cars racing thru traffic in the rain. Seriously?! How can you be so ridiculously dumb and still have a license? Now, I won't lie **down in Mexico** I've done a few burnouts and donuts in some empty lots in the warehouse district. And theres a street down there that's a few miles long thats absolutely flat with absolutely no curves, onramps, or anything with a 70mph limit where I topped out my '94 Trans Am (155mph and climbing) back in the days when I was a lot younger and dumber. But now that I'm older and wiser, for the most part I drive really chill. Only time I might speed a bit is if someone does something real stupid like almost run me off the road when switching lanes, I'll just speed up a bit and leave them behind me.

·
Slo_n_low
63 Posts
Wow! My bad. The Burnout Box is dry as fuh. 7 posts in all of 2015. I'm just used to if its in the first page its pretty recent. That's crazy.

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
I dont see it as an offence starting up conversation on an old thread. As far as racing on the street, Its super retarded to do it with other cars around. The only times I raced in the street (four times in my entire life) were in a highway 15 miles from the nearest city at 1am where the only traffic is a 18-wheeler every 45 minutes. And you can see it come from 3 miles away.

·
Turbo > blower
13,867 Posts
I wasn't trying to flame just a heads up to check the dates. I've raced on the streets and I'll continue to do it, but I'm not a retard about it. I have a couple spots way out in the pine barrens that see maybe 2-3 cars an hour in the peak traffic hours of the day, and I only go out in the wee hours of the night.

That being said I wouldn't run on the streets if the tracks near me weren't such pricks with tech

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
You shouldn't have gotten physically jacked up by either cop, that's bad policing. I agree with the probable cause talk mentioned above. On the flip side if the cops wanted to push it a simple statement from a witness and a warrant and they could pull somebody in for street racing, reckless operation, etc. They could also tow your **** and impound it as part
of an investigation. Like I said one member had some good points but it is better no to play a wise ass, especially when the cops were already pissed off for some reason to the point of grabbing you.

I personally don't cruise in groups just because of this reason. People do dumb ****. I wasn't even on the road one day and a co worker's husband pretty much accused me of hauling ass by their house when a mustang show was in town. My car was in the garage. I'm a cop and live in the town I work. I have one of the only Foxes in town, this guy really thinks I am going to race through a neighborhood.

---------- Post added at 09:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

Hey man check the dates on threads before you post
I don't check dates either.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts