Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i feel like a complete idiot, and am pretty ashamed of myself...but none the less, i still need help. so the battery in my mustang was dead...and i hooked the cables up to my parents explorer the right way...and i hook the cables up to my mustang...the wrong way...and i didn't realize it until it was too late. now my car has no power (electricity wise)...i saw smoke coming from the ket on...i think thats what it is (where the positive battery cable hooks up to). and one of the wires melted into 2 pieces...it wasn't the 2 blue wires, or the one with what looked like a fuse, it was on the same post as the positive battery cable...and it had a fusable link 14 ga i think it said...and the wire ran down into what looked like a really big pill...than 2 wires came out of that....any ideas whats wrong, i really messed up...hope it's fixable :sorry

·
Registered
437 Posts
Can you not just splice the wire where it burnt in two and change the fuse in the fusible link?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
idk...thats what i'm asking...lol...i already spliced the wire btw....i just wanna know if there could be anymore damage done than just the wires and link

·
Registered
423 Posts
the positive battary cable hooks up to the starter selonoid

and no i would change out the wire and the fuseable link

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
well fix the first things and go from there.....you can have the battery checked at autozone and then try to start it and see if there is anything else wrong

1 - 7 of 7 Posts