Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Zoolander
7,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used one of my co-workers/supervisor pretty much screwed me over. I used her as a professional reference for the job I'm trying to get, and made her promise me to not tell anyone. What does she do. She tells people...LIKE MY BOSS!!!! So now my boss knows I'm trying to leave, and I don't even have the new job. I am so ticked off right now. I can't believe she would do that to me. I may screwed out of my job I have now since they now know I'm trying to leave, and I may be screwed out of my next job because they may have called her already. I left a message with the person I talk to at the dealership to not call her, and find out if they did. I told them what happened. I am so ticked off right now.

·
Zoolander
7,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm trying to leave my job, and I told my co-worker I used her as a professional reference thinking I could trust her. Well she ****in blabbed to my boss that I'm leaving after she promised me she wouldn't tell anyone.

·
Zoolander
7,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Old Job: Customer Service Clerk at Harris Teeter

Possible New Job: Autobody Estimator at Freedom Lincoln Mercury

Gettin paid $8.10 an hour

or starting off at $35k a year.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Damn that sucks. Hope all goes well for you.

I work at Hardees and will be transferring to another Hardees in town, but closer to my house. My old boss xferred down there 2 months ago and she wanted to transfer me down once the store was in top shape, plus she's about to give birth and will need a replacement to fill her shoes, she trusts me :). I also have a baby due soon, but I'll only be gone for maybe 3 days, depending on how the labor goes for my fiance. At the store I'm at now I only get paid $8/hr, but hopefully I can talk to her and be promoted at this new store, hella lot busier and should hopefully be caught up, too. If I do get promoted, depending on what it is, Supervisors get $20k-25k Houry/yr while Assistant gets 25k-30k salary/yr.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Good thing is that your old job can't fire you for looking for a new job. if the new job falls through you can stay there til you find another one. I wouldn't sweat it.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
They could try that, but it is illegal to punish you for looking for a better job. And if you can prove it, you would have them by the nads. If they do cut your hours, call corporate H.R. and file a complaint. If that doesn't solve the problem, most states have partial unemployment benefits. So if you are full time and your hours get cut, you should be able to claim partial benefit and sit at home collecting a paycheck. That would suck.

·
Zoolander
7,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm gonna talk to my boss also, and tell her that even though I have better opportunities I'm still gonna be devoted to this job while I'm still here. I'm still gonna do everything that I'm supposed to do as well as I already do it. I'm gonna slack because I have a better opportunity, that and I'm gonna tell her that is ridiculous that someone who I thought I could trust I can no longer trust, because of this incident. I had to call the HR department at 11 at night tell them I can't use her as a professional reference, call another person ask him if it was ok if I used him as one, and he really helped me out too. I should of used him in the first place. He always has my back, and knows how hard I work since he used to be one of my supervisors.

·
The George Forman of Keepers
2,356 Posts
Cricket... dont panic. You seem like a smart kid. I know I hated when older people told me this **** when I was your age but it really is the truth. What doesnt kill you makes you stronger. Learn from it and dont make the same mistake again. Never trust anyone at work ...ever. Are they gonna make your car payment if they get you canned? Nope.

Just like Neverfast said, you have some legal ground if they **** up too much... depending on what State you live in for some things. If they do fire you, you can probably get unemployment why your legal case is working through the system.

I was fired from countless jobs at your age and always found something else. I live pretty well now and thank everyone of those bitches for doing what they did. I learned something each time to take with me.

Last resort, call an old girlfriend to go kick the girls ass... J/K!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts