Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
kk my car is 1995, some are Obd1 and some are obd2, depending on if it is later year model or not. I took a look for the input and there is one in the middle under the steering wheel, it's blue. and it looks like a OBD2 connector. im hopeing it is :p how can i make sure it is obd2, and if so what tuner should i buy?

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
post a pic of it.

or have a friend with a tuner plug there tuner into it.

if the tuner won't turn on it's not obd2.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know some cars like some 95 Corvette's had a obd2 female connector but were OBD1 compatible:

Here is a picture of an Female obd2 connector:

Item 2000 the black connector:

carplugs.com/products.html

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
E-mail [email protected] If you give him the 4digit code off of your ecm he can tell you if you have an ODB1 or 2. If you have ODB2 like I do on my '95 get your tuner from joe. He has the best prices plus free custom tunes for 2 years.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
man warlord anytime tuner is brought up you are pretty much selling tunes for joe lol. He is a good guy though i recommend him

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
careful my 95 sunfire se had an obd2 connector however it was obd1 none of my 3 scan tools ever worked on it. and yes they are universal

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
man warlord anytime tuner is brought up you are pretty much selling tunes for joe lol. He is a good guy though i recommend him
Yeah that's cuz he really helped me out:). He has great deals and quality tunes. Plus I'm telling him the way that I found out for sure if I was odb1 or odb2. If you give joe the number off the ecm, he can tell you for sure if you can use a tuner or not.

·
Registered
30 Posts
wouldnt the easy way to tell is look under the car for a secondary o2 sesor? because if im not mistaken obd1 only had the primary o2's in the manifolds and the obd2 had the o2's in the manifolds then a set after the cats.

quicker way to tell

1 - 8 of 8 Posts