Modded Mustang Forums banner

81 - 100 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
5,842 Posts
Following this thread. I'm gonna bet Nick contacted Alex right after you hung up. 15-20 years of selling/trading parts and they are just acquaintances? I don't think so.

·
7,909 Posts
I have to agree with these guys OP. You need to get aggravated and start being a pain in someones ass at the police station. You got ripped off and you found the guy in possession of the stolen merchandise and you're calling it a dead end? Either you don't care that you get your stuff back or you're trolling us.

At every turn you've got a reason why someone isn't helping you and the story just keeps getting weirder. You've got a mostly solid case against these two guys. Chances are "Alex" has "Nick" selling the parts to keep a level of separation from himself and the stolen items. I almost never call out trolls but I'm getting close enough to doing so. This has gone on for the better part of a month and we haven't had one result with the mounds of information you've given us. I can almost guarantee you that had it been me I would have had this guy by the balls by now.

·
Administrator
33,198 Posts
he doesn't strike me as a troll at all, just somebody who has never been ****ed before and doesn't know how to handle it

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
I have to agree with these guys OP. You need to get aggravated and start being a pain in someones ass at the police station. You got ripped off and you found the guy in possession of the stolen merchandise and you're calling it a dead end? Either you don't care that you get your stuff back or you're trolling us.

At every turn you've got a reason why someone isn't helping you and the story just keeps getting weirder. You've got a mostly solid case against these two guys. Chances are "Alex" has "Nick" selling the parts to keep a level of separation from himself and the stolen items. I almost never call out trolls but I'm getting close enough to doing so. This has gone on for the better part of a month and we haven't had one result with the mounds of information you've given us. I can almost guarantee you that had it been me I would have had this guy by the balls by now.

Giving the police Nicks number is a good idea. While he wouldn't have to give YOU any info, he would have to give the police info, unless he wanted to be charged with withholding information/possession of stolen goods.

·
gtscrewd
5,228 Posts
we need an official MM group of people that help people go get their **** back

we can call it "the official MM group of people that help people go get their **** back"

or TOMMGOPTHPGGTSB for short

HD for president
2 ****ing funny lol

·
2013 5.0
2,983 Posts
THANK YOU FOR ANY POSSIBLE ADVICE IN ADVANCE!!!
You asked for it.... so please be prepared for what I'm about to tell you....

I’m afraid he might have screwed me out of $1000, which is a hefty chunk of money for a kid my age (19).
But then again, I AM STILL a dumbass 19-year-old kid.
I guess it's just what happens when I, a 19-year-old kid, tries to sue somebody for some money when I know absolutely NOTHING about the legal system and how it works.
Stop telling us you're 19 and stupid.... you've done this so many times in this thread that it literally makes me want to swindle you too... You keep shitting on yourself... So will everyone else at the first chance they get.

After that, my good mother (who I'll call Sue) and I drove around the metro in order to find a few relevant addresses concerning the Alex Capri parts situation. His ex-wife, his grandmother, and a few of what appeared to be former addresses. We got pictures of each address.
"Sue", your so-called mom, is really making me question what it means to be a parent... No parent in their right mind would/should ever follow their son on a wild goose chase such as this. I'm not saying this to offend your mother, but do us all a favor, when you have kids, the moment your son/daughter brings something like this up to you, go to the police station and do NOT leave until something is done. This to me, is the most ridiculous part of this story. If this guy really is ask sketchy as you've made him out to be, he could be sitting on his porch with a loaded shotgun, just waiting for you to show up. Alone or not, this to me, was a poor idea.

I then asked Nick about his relationship with Alex, and he said that they both had bought, traded, and sold cars and car parts to one another, multiple times, over the past 20 years or so. Nick had never had a problem dealing with Alex, so this news of Alex ripping somebody off had definitely surprised him. ]
Nick never in a millions years would have admitted to this. No one with have a brain would have admitted to this. He would basically be admitting to being an accomplice of selling stolen property for the last 20 years. This statement of his was complete horseshit.

And finally, my last and most importantly observation, because, in my opinion, this has been the driving force behind your entire misguided lack of action.

I don't absolutely need that $1000 right now.
I’m not taking some guy to small-claims court because of $1000 when I have school and a job to worry about.
OP, you don't think $1,000 is a lot of money.

There... I said it, because I couldn't hold it in any longer. There is no way anyone who thinks $1,000 is a hard amount of money to work for would sit around and let this happen the way you have. I truly believe that you've written off the $1,000 as a loss and have moved on.

Alex is NOT getting away with this.
This has dragged on for more than a month.... Alex has gotten away with it.

·
Registered
5,842 Posts
:lmao

How do I apply?
Provide the president with hookers and blow and post stupid memes as seen below....

we need an official MM group of people that help people go get their **** back

we can call it "the official MM group of people that help people go get their **** back"

or TOMMGOPTHPGGTSB for short

HD for president

:shiftyeyes

I'm having too much fun

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts

Provide the president with hookers and blow and post stupid memes as seen below....

I'm having too much fun

:lmao :lmao :lmao rofl

I'm dying at the Joker one

·
Who you callin' Pinhead?
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #94 (Edited)
UPDATE:

These past few weeks, I’ve been looking into the last option I have available to get my money back from Alex. As many of you can assume, that last option is small claims court.

The thought of Alex getting away with my money was tormenting me sooooooo much. That, combined with the previous posts on this thread, caused me to completely lose focus in my job and my school work for a few days. Due to school and work taking up damn near all of my time, I knew would have to file in small claims. The courthouse is an hour drive away for me and whole legal process would take a long time, but me? I would only have to go to the courthouse 1, maybe 2 times, to get the case filed, show up on the court date, and collect my money. So, I decided to file a case.

Over Labor Day weekend, I spent time looking through the court handbook, studying all of my options, preparing for what all I’m going to have to go through to get my money back from Alex. Finally, the day after Labor Day, I went to the courthouse to get all the papers and documents that I would need to file a case. That same night, I wrote up my case against Alex, giving all of the information I had against him. There was a little problem though. I STILL HAD NO IDEA WHERE ALEX LIVED!!!

The reason that the court needs the defendant’s address is because that address is where they’ll mail the summons that tells the defendant what day they have to be in court. The defendant has to sign for the letter, signifying that they actually got it, and then come to court. So, I had no idea where Alex lived, and I knew damn well that he wasn’t going to sign the summons letter. What would I have to do?

Luckily for me, Alex made HUGE mistake in trying to avoid me. On his Facebook account, the dumbass had the name of his employer listed, and I found the employer’s address through Google. I don’t remember who exactly told me about it, but apparently, the plaintiff can summon the defendant from his / her workplace if the defendant’s residential address isn’t available. As for getting Alex to actually sign the summons, I found a way around that as well. When a summons is to be delivered, the plaintiff can pay a few extra $$$ a personal service (it was only $40 for me). In other words, the plaintiff can pay the local sheriff or a private investigator to hand-deliver the summons to the defendant.

Another hurdle for me to overcome was at the time I was going through this filing process, Alex had taken his employer off of his Facebook account, so I wasn’t 100% sure that he still worked there. That meant that I had to pay a visit to Alex’s employer to find out, for sure, that he was working there. I stopped in the parking lot, called a law enforcement officer over to help me get the information, and waited. 15 or so minutes later, the officer showed up, I explained the situation to him, and that I was hoping he would be able demand for any info on Alex. His response confirmed my belief once again, that the police weren’t going to help me out. He said that he couldn’t demand any information from anybody, and that all he could do was “stand by.” That’s exactly what he did as I went inside the building to find the info I needed on Alex.

I walked up to the front desk, and was greeted by a lady asking what I was coming in for. I asked her, “Does a man by the name of Alex blah blah last name work here?” “Yup!” she said (gave me all the info I needed right there). “Well,” I say, “I’m filing a court case against him, and I need his address from you.” “Sorry,” she says. “That info is confidential.” “OK. I understand.” Then out of the blue, she tells me to wait where I’m standing, and she heads into the back room and closes the door. Very faintly, I heard her tell somebody, “Hey, someone’s at the front desk waiting for you.” …… “ALEX!” I thought. “SHE’S TALKING TO ALEX RIGHT NOW!!!” My heart started pounding. I thought I was going to be meeting Alex once again even though I had never intended to do so. I heard a door open, and the front desk lady walked out and told me that Alex had just left a few minutes ago. “Alright then, thank you for your time,” I said while thinking “You lying bitch.” I shook her hand, went out the door, and walked to the cop standing by. I said to him, “That went even better than I thought it would. I got all the info I needed. Thank you for your time.” I shook his hand, thanked him for doing the job that he does, and gave him a good salute. We both went off on our separate ways.

At the courthouse, I quickly filled in the remaining address information with the address of Alex’s employer. I showed the court clerk (who was very helpful by the way) my case petition, and she commented about how my handwriting was possibly the best she had ever seen. “This will do very well in court. This handwriting of yours will save the judge a lot of time trying to figure out what you’ve written down here.” NICE.

My filing process wasn’t finished yet, because I needed $20 in cash and a $40 money order for the filing fee and the sheriff’s service respectively. I made my way to the bank, withdrew my $20, and got the money order written up after figuring out exactly who to make it out to. I got the finished case petition, the $20 filing fee, and the sheriff’s money order back to the court house and gave everything to the court clerk. She looked all the papers over thoroughly, stamped the petition for approval, and said that I was good to go, I would just have to wait a few days for my case number and court date to be mailed to me. I thanked her and everybody at the courthouse for the work they were doing and made my way out the door.

Before I could leave though, the court clerk told me that she believed I would actually win my case. She said, “Your handwriting’s perfect, you follow directions very well, and you actually seem to use your brain and think things through, unlike a lot of the other people that I see come through here.” “Really?” I ask. “I’m only like, 19 years old.” The lady behind be in line laughed a bit, and the look on the court clerk’s face was priceless. She wished me luck in getting my money back.

So, here I am today on September 12. My letter from the court came in, saying that my court date against Alex is in late October 2015. I already have just about all the evidence I need against him:

-Receipt and bank statement of the $1000 cash withdrawal.
-The bill of sale with Alex and I’s signatures as well as the transaction date.
-A journal documenting my entire experience of this case from July 1, 2015 – Today.
-(Something I still need to do) Print out the texts from my phone that went around between Alex and I.

I’ve got everything prepared for my court case against Alex, and I know what I have to do to get my $1000 back from him. I WILL WIN!!!

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
Good luck.
Don't expect you cash then and there though. They can't withhold his wages, they can't make him pay, all they can do is threaten him with jail if he doesn't pay.
I do hope you win though, just for the satisfaction.

·
2013 5.0
2,983 Posts
“Really?” I ask. “I’m only like, 19 years old.”
ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:banghead

·
Who you callin' Pinhead?
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Don't expect you cash then and there though. They can't withhold his wages, they can't make him pay, all they can do is threaten him with jail if he doesn't pay.
I do hope you win though, just for the satisfaction.
After I win the case (which I'm sure I will, Alex has no evidence or counterclaim or anything against me), I'll be filing for a writ of garnishment towards Alex's paycheck.

For anybody who doesn't know, paycheck garnishment is where the defendant's employer is ordered to pay the court using money taken out of the defendant's paycheck(s). The court then takes that money and gives it to the plaintiff.

I know for damn sure that Alex isn't going to pay me back willingly, and I can also file for as many garnishments that I need to (don't know the fee though). Garnishment won't get my money back quickly, but it will get my money back reliably. Alex will have no control of how much money is taken out of each one of his paychecks.

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
I don't know where he works but if he goes off the books you won't get anything.

81 - 100 of 205 Posts