Modded Mustang Forums banner

101 - 120 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
You need to stop telling every goddamn person you come in contact why you're looking for him. Chances are, anyone who is acquainted with him is gonna like him more than they like you and are gonna tip him off. It's none of their business and you're making **** that much more difficult to get your money back.

·
Zip's half naked helper
11,663 Posts
Having sued someone else in small claims before and won, take my advise. Shut the **** up. Don't post here any more about it, don't say **** to your friends or coworkers, and be very tight lipped with family. Reason I say this is you don't want to give them any reason to let the judgement go the other way.

When you go to court, be respectful, bring all of your evidence, and only answer the questions asked of you.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I've seen many people quit there jobs to get out of a wage garnishment, whether it is child support or a small claims case. Shady people are shady, they will do anything to get out of paying, even if it means finding under the table work or collecting unemployment.

I've seen people making 600+ a week go to extraordinary lengths to get out of paying a $50 a week garnishment.

·
Who you callin' Pinhead?
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
I don't know where he works but if he goes off the books you won't get anything.
If his employer pays him under the table, i.e. off the books. No official statements of payment.
Yeah, it's possible. The guy did rip you off so who knows what he may or may not do.
I've seen many people quit there jobs to get out of a wage garnishment, whether it is child support or a small claims case. Shady people are shady, they will do anything to get out of paying, even if it means finding under the table work or collecting unemployment.

I've seen people making 600+ a week go to extraordinary lengths to get out of paying a $50 a week garnishment.
Hmmmm... If Alex was dumb enough to post his employer's name on Facebook, then I don't think he would be smart enough to avoid garnishment. I'll keep all of this in mind though.

Having sued someone else in small claims before and won, take my advise. Shut the **** up. Don't post here any more about it, don't say **** to your friends or coworkers, and be very tight lipped with family. Reason I say this is you don't want to give them any reason to let the judgement go the other way.

When you go to court, be respectful, bring all of your evidence, and only answer the questions asked of you.
Aight den. Will do about the shutting up and respectfulness in court. Thank you.

·
7,909 Posts
You need to stop telling every goddamn person you come in contact why you're looking for him. Chances are, anyone who is acquainted with him is gonna like him more than they like you and are gonna tip him off. It's none of their business and you're making **** that much more difficult to get your money back.
This so many times.

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
But now we wont get any more updates in this thread :( he should still post here as its in the underground. If I posted half naked pics of my ex in the underground, he can keep us updated

·
The Boss is in
23,756 Posts
Since this won't get updated on the situation anymore, and you asked. Here you go. If you can take anything away from this OP, take away the fact that you need to quit using your age as a crutch. You may be 19 years old, and you and others may think you're mature for your age, which is all fine and dandy. But you seem to have at more than one occasion used your age as the reason you couldn't do something, or the reason it made doing something hard, the reason you did something dumb; Or even the reason you'll win your case and apparently the clerk was impressed by your hand writing which will win you the case.....First of all, the report ends up getting typed. They don't hand blue line, college ruled hand written letters to the judge to read. Because hand writing has literally zero to do with your intelligence or your trustworthiness. Doctors are known for having terrible hand writing and they are very intelligent and I would hope very trust worthy. If you find it as a reason to be positive that you'll win your case, then do what you have to do. But you're going to be sorely disappointed in life eventually when you realize outcomes are not dictated by your age or the compliments of people. Nearly all outcomes are dictated by the actions of you, and you alone. Actions that age nor handwriting affect at all. So you're 19 years old, let's hear about how you solve a situation, not about how your age affects the actions you take.

Also, I agree with Slonison. I laughed that you had your mom take you around hunting for the guy. That was probably the dumbest thing you could have done. He could very well have ambushed you and took the rest of your cash since he saw you already had some. Not a smart move, but lesson learned I hope. If you want to go get your **** back like Hd, then you better be willing to have that stuff thrown at you, and you and mom running around in a Buick isn't much of a match, no offense. Hd went in like a BAMF with two 9mms fully knowing what could happen. Am I condoning that or saying you should have went in with guns in hand? Not at all. I'm just saying that you were in no way prepared for the possible situation you could have put yourself in. HD was he first one to say his choice could have been a dumb one, but he also didn't drive there with a stern written letter demanding his bike back from a gang banger.

Lesson learned man. Stop using your age as a crutch, and be a little smarter with the way you handle things. I.e if you're looking for someone, don't tell people who are associated with them why you're looking for them. That reason alone is the exact reason you haven't gotten your money back. Plus, unless you're willing to deal with the possible consequences (which you clearly were not), going after a guy like that is probably the dumbest possible thing you could have done. Let the law handle situations like this. People get stabbed or shot for much much less in a city these days. I say you clearly were not ready for the consequences because your actions show you were not. You looked for the guy but told everyone associated with him you found that you were looking for him and the reason. You mine as well have just sent the guy a text message telling him you'd be somewhere trying to find him. Because you know it got back to him just as fast, and I can guarantee you this guy was and is not scared of you. You're not the first person he's done this to I guarantee it.

I think you just went hunting for him because you wanted to seem like you wanted your money back, but didn't really want to face him face to face and do what it took to get it back. Therefore you subconsciously tipped him off every time because you really didn't want to meet him. You apparently wanted him to just say "Oh, sorry man. Here's your money." When every signal this guy have off proved he was not going to do that. Which leads to going to his work. You said you were excited because you almost got to see him and talk to him again. What were you planning on doing? Say "Come on man! Give me my money back." It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know he would have told you to kick rocks and that you were full of ****.

The guy was a scam artist who's done this before. Your empty attempts to find him and tip him off only hurt you in getting your money back. And even when you do take him to court the judge can't make him pay you right there, only that he owes you X amount of money and needs to pay it. They won't throw him in jail for not paying you a grand because they have bigger fish to fry and I would even be surprised if they even entertain your request to have his wages garnished. They would probably not waste their time on that either for such an insignificant amount of money. You'll spend more than a grand on legal and filing fees just to get your grand back. This is why people steal these amounts of money like this, because usually it'll cost the person more to get it back than the amount that was stolen, and even then they may never get it back. Then they're out not only the money stolen, but the money wasted on court fees and filing fees.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
find the car, take it, yank the drivetrain, and dump the roller in his driveway. make sure to leave rocks in the mufflers.

·
Who you callin' Pinhead?
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Since this won't get updated on the situation anymore, and you asked. Here you go. If you can take anything away from this OP, take away the fact that you need to quit using your age as a crutch. You may be 19 years old, and you and others may think you're mature for your age, which is all fine and dandy. But you seem to have at more than one occasion used your age as the reason you couldn't do something, or the reason it made doing something hard, the reason you did something dumb; Or even the reason you'll win your case and apparently the clerk was impressed by your hand writing which will win you the case.....First of all, the report ends up getting typed. They don't hand blue line, college ruled hand written letters to the judge to read. Because hand writing has literally zero to do with your intelligence or your trustworthiness. Doctors are known for having terrible hand writing and they are very intelligent and I would hope very trust worthy. If you find it as a reason to be positive that you'll win your case, then do what you have to do. But you're going to be sorely disappointed in life eventually when you realize outcomes are not dictated by your age or the compliments of people. Nearly all outcomes are dictated by the actions of you, and you alone. Actions that age nor handwriting affect at all. So you're 19 years old, let's hear about how you solve a situation, not about how your age affects the actions you take.

Also, I agree with Slonison. I laughed that you had your mom take you around hunting for the guy. That was probably the dumbest thing you could have done. He could very well have ambushed you and took the rest of your cash since he saw you already had some. Not a smart move, but lesson learned I hope. If you want to go get your **** back like Hd, then you better be willing to have that stuff thrown at you, and you and mom running around in a Buick isn't much of a match, no offense. Hd went in like a BAMF with two 9mms fully knowing what could happen. Am I condoning that or saying you should have went in with guns in hand? Not at all. I'm just saying that you were in no way prepared for the possible situation you could have put yourself in. HD was he first one to say his choice could have been a dumb one, but he also didn't drive there with a stern written letter demanding his bike back from a gang banger.

Lesson learned man. Stop using your age as a crutch, and be a little smarter with the way you handle things. I.e if you're looking for someone, don't tell people who are associated with them why you're looking for them. That reason alone is the exact reason you haven't gotten your money back. Plus, unless you're willing to deal with the possible consequences (which you clearly were not), going after a guy like that is probably the dumbest possible thing you could have done. Let the law handle situations like this. People get stabbed or shot for much much less in a city these days. I say you clearly were not ready for the consequences because your actions show you were not. You looked for the guy but told everyone associated with him you found that you were looking for him and the reason. You mine as well have just sent the guy a text message telling him you'd be somewhere trying to find him. Because you know it got back to him just as fast, and I can guarantee you this guy was and is not scared of you. You're not the first person he's done this to I guarantee it.

I think you just went hunting for him because you wanted to seem like you wanted your money back, but didn't really want to face him face to face and do what it took to get it back. Therefore you subconsciously tipped him off every time because you really didn't want to meet him. You apparently wanted him to just say "Oh, sorry man. Here's your money." When every signal this guy have off proved he was not going to do that. Which leads to going to his work. You said you were excited because you almost got to see him and talk to him again. What were you planning on doing? Say "Come on man! Give me my money back." It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know he would have told you to kick rocks and that you were full of ****.

The guy was a scam artist who's done this before. Your empty attempts to find him and tip him off only hurt you in getting your money back. And even when you do take him to court the judge can't make him pay you right there, only that he owes you X amount of money and needs to pay it. They won't throw him in jail for not paying you a grand because they have bigger fish to fry and I would even be surprised if they even entertain your request to have his wages garnished. They would probably not waste their time on that either for such an insignificant amount of money. You'll spend more than a grand on legal and filing fees just to get your grand back. This is why people steal these amounts of money like this, because usually it'll cost the person more to get it back than the amount that was stolen, and even then they may never get it back. Then they're out not only the money stolen, but the money wasted on court fees and filing fees.

Yup. You're right. Other than me not wanting to confront Alex again, me not wanting to get my money back, and Alex not being afraid of me, you're right about everything you've said here.

I would say more, but as Mr. Marc (and just about everyone else here) is saying, I need to shut the hell up about this case. Plus anything else that I might say right now will just sound like more excuses for why I don't have my money back.

All I can do right now is just wait for the court date. I WILL WIN. I WILL GET MY MONEY BACK.

·
Zip's half naked helper
11,663 Posts
Dude. Just Marc. You call me Mr Marc and it makes me feel like some old **** that works at a dealership and knows just about all there is to know.

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
It's hard man, you're juggling work and school. That's not easy for a 19 y/o kid.

101 - 120 of 205 Posts