Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
Haha, I feel ya man. When I bought my wheels, I was stationed in England, gettin ready to leave for the states, and my whip was at home with the rentals, so I bought one wheel and tire every month for four months until all four were put on the car. Money's tight, dude, and that was probably the smartest way I've ever bought anything...

Good luck with the bidding, bro. Just do like everyone else does, wait until the last two minutes of the bid, place your bid until you win, and you usually get a pretty dadgum good deal.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i just bid 579 on em i was feelin way too impatient lol. tomorow after school i'm glued to this chair until 2:09 pm lol. i hope some ****er doesn't come along and just click buy it now. that'd crush my dreams lol

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
sign up at auctionsniper.com or something like that. you can set it to auto bid at like 10 seconds before the item ends. I hav used it quite a bit.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Haha, I feel ya man. When I bought my wheels, I was stationed in England, gettin ready to leave for the states, and my whip was at home with the rentals, so I bought one wheel and tire every month for four months until all four were put on the car. Money's tight, dude, and that was probably the smartest way I've ever bought anything...

Good luck with the bidding, bro. Just do like everyone else does, wait until the last two minutes of the bid, place your bid until you win, and you usually get a pretty dadgum good deal.
That's exactly what I'm going to do. Buy one wheel and tire at a time, each month. It's actually a very smart way of doing it man. :yes

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
I just wait until the last 3 seconds and then put a bid that's like 4x the "minimum" you have to bid. I've never lost an auction. GL OP!

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
One day, I will drop The Jazzer's trick for moral correctness and NEVER paying more than you want to for an auction by getting caught up in a bidding war.

Jazzer... playin' his pepes like a marionette *laughs of evil fulfillment* :)

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
lol wtf Jazzer :crazy

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
You are lucky they are not 18's. We would be in a bidding war! lol Good Luck!

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Yep, that's basically what I do.

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
lol wtf Jazzer :crazy

OK.... so THIS is how The Jazzer does autions:

Say you find these wheels and like them. Figure out what your ABSOLUTE MAX PRICE you would pay for them and bid the minimum you can to get into the auction when you first find it. THEN wait until the last 3 seconds and bid your highest $$$ and see if you won. If you win, you likely got it for LESS than your MAX price you were willing to pay. If you DON'T win, then you got outbid by someone else with a higher such max $$$.

This way, you cannot get caught up in your own self-imposed bidding war and go over what is a reasonable, or max, price you would pay for an item.

Jazzer... on snipin'

PS. The whole "moral correctness" to which I refer is my own piece of mind as to actually having myself associated with an aution prior to last second bidding. This is my way of addressing the sniping thing, but remember this... An auction is NOT won due to sniping, it is won due to highest bid... period :D

PPS. Congrats on getting the wheels :)

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks guys. now i have the incredibly tough decision of what tires to get. definately getting 275's and 315's, as of right now its between nitto 555's, falkens, and maybe kdw2's? but i think those are really expensive idk. i want a tire that can launch really well, and def not another drag radial. and decent price, thats why im leaning towards falkens

1 - 19 of 19 Posts