Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my tr3650 is howling at me. im trying to decide building a 3650 ,getting t56 ,or tko?? help me decide please.

im at 475whp and 520ft probly wont go any higher than 600 ftlb as this is my daily

i have 3k but i dont wanna spend it all if i dont have too

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
t56! If you dont want to spend it all just go back to another 3650 or even a t45, They should last you a couple of years depending on how you drive

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ty , this one had 50k on it when i got it , lasted 15k miles i dont beat on it but a 14 psi launch at 3750 is roughly, kenne bell btw

·
Super Moderator
13,581 Posts
I would rebuild what you have by a reputable builder who knows he proper updates to make them last.. I would suggest Shift Solution in GA or FB performance.

·
Super Moderator
13,581 Posts
ty so much ill call them in the mourning , im actually in georgia.
Good deal Tracy Simmons is very good I Drive out there from TN for all my Transmission upgrades and rebuilds.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Bruce Jenner.. I mean Caitlyn...lol

Needs a tranny....

My vote is t56.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
built 3650... bolt right in.. unless you have an upgraded 26 spline input shaft... then you would need a new clutch.. the rest would be fine though.

unless you're dead set on 6 gears... which would probably require a new clutch, trNs/bellhousing, shifter, transmount, drive shaft and flange yolk.

Reactions: MineralGreyGT

·
Registered
982 Posts
I did the TKO 600 swap with the spec stage 3 clutch lightweight steel flywheel and quicktime bell housing. I would not recommend it unless you faceplate 2nd and 3rd or just 3rd. A few have had luck with the carbon blocker rings but they still wont shift north of 6700. Mine is stock for now and wont reliably shift into 3rd at 6200

Wish I would have rebuilt my T45 instead. I do like the gear ratios in the TKO.

Mine has been whining since I installed it and that may be an alignment issue that is causing the shift difficulty but from what I have been getting told the TKO is just a whiner and some T56 do the same. I'm sure it has to do with bad factory specs but Tremec wont admit it.

·
Trickpony
6 Posts
I'm looking into a faceplated T3650 vs T56 Magnum for my 02GT. Right now I'm leaning towards either sending the stock T3650 to Bob Hanlon for the work or just buying the parts from him and doing myself. T56 Magnum would cost more than my whole project.

·
Carving corners
3,328 Posts
heres my vote Rebuilt TR3650 Transmissions in Atlanta Georgia

get the pro force pro x with gearing similar to t56 and a 26 spline input shaft. Direct fit other than a new clutch. The 6 spd is really only giving you a taller 1st gear and a extra OD gear, you can not go WOT in 5th and 6th. Its also a dual rail vs a single rail transmission but IMHO a built 3650 is all you need.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts