> BBK 78mm
> Edelbrock Intake manifold
> Cylinder heads and ported
> Cams / Duration at 234/238 .550\"/.550\" 113LS, Part number Com p Cams 102600
> Stock Mass Air meter.
> 91 Octane.
> 21lb/hr Fuel injectors.
> Stock Fuel pump.
> BBK full length headers / BBK Off-Road X-Pip.
> Borla Cat-back exhaust.

The Car was very fast Before adding the Heads & Cams
After adding the Cams the car dead any suggestion ..

The program is Diablosport 91 Octane.

Please Help !!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
I think you found your answer already. Those cams have a lot of duration, a canned tune isn't going to cut it, you're going to have to get it custom tuned on a dyno.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What do you mean _ "the car dead"? what does it do when you turn the key?
I mean Before I do the modification the car it was running very faster than now

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think you found your answer already. Those cams have a lot of duration, a canned tune isn't going to cut it, you're going to have to get it custom tuned on a dyno.
The big issue is we don`t have any Dyno.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
There's 10 SCT dynotuners within 25 miles of NY, NY...... So there's dynos all over the place.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
A couple other issues with this car from reading on another forum about it:

Self-Ported heads: usually perform worse than stock. 4.6 heads are sensitive to port velocity, and hogging out a set of heads will typically turn them into paperweights.

Cams weren't degreed: 234 duration without degreeing is a great way to destroy parts. The stock cam gears aren't exactly known to be accurate, and I've seen 2 sets that were 7 degrees off on the passenger's side. When properly degreed in, the car picked up over 20rwhp over just dropping them in. You could have PTV contact and not even realize it as well. I've taken off a few sets of heads that had nicks in the pistons and the owner wasn't even aware that he had PTV contact.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A couple other issues with this car from reading on another forum about it:

Self-Ported heads: usually perform worse than stock. 4.6 heads are sensitive to port velocity, and hogging out a set of heads will typically turn them into paperweights.

Cams weren't degreed: 234 duration without degreeing is a great way to destroy parts. The stock cam gears aren't exactly known to be accurate, and I've seen 2 sets that were 7 degrees off on the passenger's side. When properly degreed in, the car picked up over 20rwhp over just dropping them in. You could have PTV contact and not even realize it as well. I've taken off a few sets of heads that had nicks in the pistons and the owner wasn't even aware that he had PTV contact.
So, Could be the biggest issue withe the degreed of the cams !? if so, Can the degreed be correct by tune only.!?

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
So, Could be the biggest issue withe the degreed of the cams !? if so, Can the degreed be correct by tune only.!?

I'd say the biggest issue is the tune. Cams change the entire dynamics of the engine, and a canned tune for a stock type car isn't even close to cutting it. No, the cams can't be degreed by the tune only.

Another thing to think about is the combo you're running. Is this a street car, or track car? Because you took a set of heads and hogged them out, which is going to kill low end. You put a fairly aggressive set of cams in them, which is going to kill low end, and if you've got the Edelbrock intake on it, it's better for high rpm operation as well, so I would say the car is always going to feel like a dog below 3500rpm.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'd say the biggest issue is the tune. Cams change the entire dynamics of the engine, and a canned tune for a stock type car isn't even close to cutting it. No, the cams can't be degreed by the tune only.

Another thing to think about is the combo you're running. Is this a street car, or track car? Because you took a set of heads and hogged them out, which is going to kill low end. You put a fairly aggressive set of cams in them, which is going to kill low end, and if you've got the Edelbrock intake on it, it's better for high rpm operation as well, so I would say the car is always going to feel like a dog below 3500rpm.
Ok, so far so good Thanks..

What is your recommendation to tune the car I`m using Dablosport if it is not that good i`m ready to by SCT ..!:sorry

And how can I fix the Degreed issue ..!:sorry

The car is not daily drive car .. Do you think The Edelbrock is madding some problem in the car..!:sorry

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
If you're not from the US then I'd say your best bet would be to get email tunes from a US company and tune your car that way.
Yep. a tuner from AM/Bama would be loaded with a tune for your car and mods and would probably be better the the Diablo. Its not a very uncommon setup so the email tune should get you close to where you need to be.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Yep. a tuner from AM/Bama would be loaded with a tune for your car and mods and would probably be better the the Diablo. Its not a very uncommon setup so the email tune should get you close to where you need to be.

Nice, if i load a mail tune can i modify the fuel .!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Any Update

1 - 20 of 22 Posts