Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to improve the performance of my 01 V6. So far I have a CAI and flowmaster dual catback exhaust. Everything else is stock. I am looking to buy some performance parts. HOWEVER, I would like opinions on what would work best. I have a low, but steady income and I'm in college sooo i dont want anything outrageous in price.

My thoughts include:
BBK 65mm throttle body
Motovator throttle body spacer
DiabloSport Tuner
and some pulleys

I am looking at getting some now, and then adding slowly but not investing an outrageous amount (considering I'm going to get rid of the car in a few years)

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
My thoughts include:
DiabloSport Tuner
4.10 gears
Limited Slip Differrential(aka t-lok)
Nitrous

I am looking at getting some now, and then adding slowly but not investing an outrageous amount (considering I'm going to get rid of the car in a few years)
thats all youll need :)

its perfect cuz when you sell it, you can keep the diablosport tuner and remove the nitrous kit fairly easily than use them both on your next car :)

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Go with the tuner first. I recommend SCT or Sniper tuners over the diablo. Check out the link in my sig. The guy there will give you custom tunes for 2 years when you buy from him. After the tuner, Gears and a t-lok.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
just remember the wisdom that is Vin Diesel

gears-tlok-tuner about the best u can get for "cheap"

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
My thoughts include:
BBK 65mm throttle body = no worth it wont do anything unless you port the intake to match
Motovator throttle body spacer = not worth the money you will get maby .5 hp
DiabloSport Tuner sct and sniper ar also good
and some pulleys

i would also look in to some gears and a t-lock
and aluminum driveshaft is also a decent mod that is fairly easy install, and not to pricy
and aluminum driveshaft is also a decent mod that is farily easy instal, and not to pricy

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
i would also look in to some gears and a t-lock
and aluminum driveshaft is also a decent mod that is fairly easy install, and not to pricy
and aluminum driveshaft is also a decent mod that is farily easy instal, and not to pricy
id look into underdrive pulleys before you get an aluminum driveshaft

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
rotational mass = more HP with more mods than simple UD pulleys.

not much rotational mass to gain there compared to the drive shaft.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Kinda off-topic here... but HMUSN, can you change your avator please? Thats the creepiest friggin thing I've ever seen, and every time I see one of your posts I can't help but stare at it.

Ok, now you guys can resume your V6 tech talk...

·
Registered
817 Posts
75-100 shot of nitrous is all u need!!!!!! and then remove it and put it on your other car...when u get it!!!!

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
75-100 shot of nitrous is all u need!!!!!! and then remove it and put it on your other car...when u get it!!!!
I like how you think lol

·
Registered
46 Posts
about Nitrous i have a 95 v6 stock minus duals
i have heard about shitty head gaskets so i replaced at 150K and i have 180K on rest of engine
will nitrous be ok and what rpm do i hit it at its governed at 5250ish

·
Registered
817 Posts
look nitrous is the best bang for your buck but obviously if u go with nitrous make sure u have a good tune........our engines are pretty sturdy so have fun with it but the tune is important also!!!!!!

Oh...GF and Averic what do ya want...great minds think alike...LOL:D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts