Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about switching up my set-up for a little while now. I LOVE the sound right now; don't get me wrong! But the drone at highway speeds is pretty freakin' bad (everyone comments when they ride with me), and I just would like something a little louder. I went cruising with four of my friends today (definitely helped clear my mind after Sunday night's incident...:( ), and I gotta tell you, for some reason the fact that I had the quietest car really bugged me.

The guys I cruised with had the following:

2004 DSG Mach1, with a catted Kooks Off-Road X Pipe and SLP LM2's
2002 GT, Bassani catted Off-Road X-Pipe with SLP LM1's
1990 5.0 with Borla's (sounded sexy)
2003 DSG GT with SLP Longtube Headers and catted (not sure on what pipe lay-out he has...sounds like an X but I'm not 100% sure) Flowmaster's

My set-up is the following:

2002 GT with catted Magnaflow Off-Road X-Pipe, Chambered Magnaflow mufflers and 4" Stainless Steel tips.

It sounds like thiiiiiiis:

Start this video at 1:12 and go from there:

Hear is my thought:

I'm thinking about keeping everything I have now (the tips, the x-pipe, etc), but just swapping out the muffler to an SLP LM1 or LM2 muffler.

I love the really bassy, and deep chambered sound I have now, but something louder would make me really happy.

If I swapped just the mufflers themselves to SLPs, do you think i'd end up with something like this?

Any recommendations?

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
I loved my o/r Mac Procharger and LM1's..if I wasn't going turbo I wouldn't change it for anything.

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Long tube headers will make it louder :D

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
but for the money a waste IMO on a bolt on 2v

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
I saw about 15hp/20tq at the wheels on my stock longblock s/c 2v.. Cant complain there... only other thing Id expect that kind of bolt on gain from would be an intake manifold.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
s/c yes. cheaper to pulley down and retune

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Sure... boost it till it blows. Im all for making better numbers safely

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
how much boost you run now?

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
9-10 psi...428rwhp/436tq Stock heads,cams, shortblock

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
so stock longblock? so 11 to 12psi is save...its not about PSI it's about CFM's. A D1sc at 8psi to 9 psi will put out what a P1sc does at 11 to 12psi but which it equal to the same about of CFM's but different PSI.

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Yea...But exhaust was at question here...

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
thats cool...and there will be a different one tomorrow lmao

gotta go with what YOU like..not what I or that other guy/gal thinks man. .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts