Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is still under surgery and will hopefully be ready in the next 2 weeks.. but even before all the mods i didnt have very good traction.. what exactly are the best ways to keep our cars down !? (on the street) thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
flsfc, lcs's, and tires

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
275-45-18, 295-40-18, coil overs in front and 2" springs in rear, and replaced lower control arms.. thats it for suspension. so would shocks and struts help alot?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i would be willing to get new rear tires tho.. its a DD so i couldnt do slicks.. but what about other tire options?

·
ZYZZ Brah
3,630 Posts
Depends on what kinda tires you have. I could blow off my 315's. Get some full length subframe connectors.

My 98 had full length subframe connectors, LCAs, tokico shocks/struts with CC plates, ford racing lowering springs, and i only had 265 tires and would barely chirp them off a launch. It handled amazing and had insane traction

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im about to go out for a birthday dinner lol so i wont be able to respond for a few hours.. but arent flsfc pretty pricey? my budget is pretty low cause i just had to rebuild my supercharger, buy a handheld and dyno tune, pi intake swap, headlights, intercooler, lol so my wallet is hurting, thanks guys!

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
No they are cheap and they are one of the best suspension mods you can do.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What are some good brands! And for tires what would be the best for street tires? Nittos?

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
What are some good brands! And for tires what would be the best for street tires? Nittos?
From what everyone says the MM subframe connectors are the best. And those Toyo Proxies kick ass aswell!

Nt555's aren't to bad for grip and they last a while.

Do you want like a street tire or drag radial?

·
Still slow.
8,738 Posts
Are you on stock struts and shocks? That would be the first thing id change, along with adding some MM flsfc's.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I could spin my nt555s 315s pretty easy, went down to a 275 or 285 nitto invo, grip is a lot better. I also daily drive mine. If you go with new tires my vote is invos, good for wet and dry traction. And subframe connectors

I'm running Stiffler subframe connectors, good quality and I can add on to them to make the frame even more rigid. I believe they were around $200 let me check.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
There $159, web brace is $225 and stiffening rail is 75. One of the mustang magazine did a review on these few months back. They did it on a fox body though, and they used all 3, not just the subframe connectors like I did

·
Mach1 FTW
2,223 Posts
so you mentioned you already had some lower control arms?
i see you've got lowering springs as well.
for tires, i like BF Goodrich. i run KDW2's and i probably will continue to do so, they are the best tires i've had so far (in 295/35/18) subframe connectors are a worthy mod, for better traction, i would look into upper and lower control arms next though if you already havent. Jazzer has an EXCELLENT write-up on what to look for in upper/lower control arms!

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
im about to go out for a birthday dinner lol so i wont be able to respond for a few hours.. but arent flsfc pretty pricey? my budget is pretty low cause i just had to rebuild my supercharger, buy a handheld and dyno tune, pi intake swap, headlights, intercooler, lol so my wallet is hurting, thanks guys!
OK.... lemme get this straight...

You have an SC and it needs a rebuild, because either it is having a mechanical failure in some way or not putting out the power it should. You don't have enough traction as it is, but you cannot afford a new set of tires, because you need to save that money toward improving/sustaining your CURRENT levels of power.

Do I have this correct?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts