Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first off i have a 2000 gt with an 8 bolt crank

Ok so i took my flywheel to the machine shop and i picked it up later that day and i took it home to put it on and the flywheel to crank bolts do not line up. I went back and gave him it back he sent me off with another one and i get home and he sent me with a 6 bolt crank not an 8 bolt crank so i took it back and we got in an argument he told me i was basically stupid and didnt know what i was doing so i got the one he gave me the first time back. the clutch fits on the flywheel but the holes dont line up from the flywheel to crank but the bolts line up from clutch to flywheel.

The cast number on the flywheel is xr3e-6375-ba I put that in google and nothing comes up so i searched some more and found out it translates to
xr3z-6375-ba and that part is for a mustang cobra 99-00. So i called the ford dealer and he said that flywheel is for a 2000 cobra he didnt say weather ot would fit my car or not.

So idk if this is the same flywheel or not cause they look the same and the clutch goes on. Its been 5 days now back and forth with this guy it seems like he has lost my flywheel and doesnt want to replace it.

·
Registered
904 Posts
spin it around. the flywheel only goes on one way. the bolt holes are offset

1 - 3 of 3 Posts