Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey i have a job interview at 7... and my belt is too loose on my 93 mustang.. i have a 84.5'' belt, i put in underdrives today.. and well.. the tensioner is at the limit.

what else can i do? i already moved the alternater as far to the side as it can go? i have p/s and a/c as well.. can those move?

Help guys! :-(

oh yeah and i have no smog.

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
hey i have a job interview at 7... and my belt is too loose on my 93 mustang.. i have a 84.5'' belt, i put in underdrives today.. and well.. the tensioner is at the limit.

what else can i do? i already moved the alternater as far to the side as it can go? i have p/s and a/c as well.. can those move?

Help guys! :-(

oh yeah and i have no smog.
buy an 84 in belt or

know anyone that has a car yo can borrow? and how far do you haft to go?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well.. i have an autozone down the road.. will they sell it? i can walk there in about 10 min

·
Registered
334 Posts
yeah, they should have those belts. for the sake of time, buy several belts in .5" increments then take back the ones that don't fit.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
k lol ill get a 80 and an 82, the belt tensioner is all the way to the limit.. and i know it has alot of play in it, so i dont think 80 will be too short

·
Registered
5,029 Posts

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
Yea man.. if you have a short drive to the interview and a good battery, you'll make it w/o a belt (if absolutely neccassary). Just watch that temp gauge and mind the lack of power steering.
thats what i was thinking or if you could just get a belt that you could route around the w/p alt and crank pulley that would work for a little while

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
thats what i was thinking or if you could just get a belt that you could route around the w/p alt and crank pulley that would work for a little while
I knew thats what you were getting at, I quoted you to reinforce that... but I quoted the wrong post:eek:... I'm pretty sick and doped up on Tylenol right now, haha, you know, the real hard stuff.

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
I knew thats what you were getting at, I quoted you to reinforce that... but I quoted the wrong post:eek:... I'm pretty sick and doped up on Tylenol right now, haha, you know, the real hard stuff.
haha its ok man it sucks bein sick

·
Registered
5,029 Posts

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
It'll take about 2 minutes to overheat.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
home guys. yea it went good. it was for USC, they had to make sure i was a u.s. citizen or something? lmao

anyways i bought a 83.5 thats all and it worked. alt. is good.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts