Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everybody, i was messing with my clutch cable today because i've been having a sticky cable/vibration through the clutch for the past while and put some powdered graphite in the cable to help with the stickyness.

i was re-installing my clutch cable and the pedal was stiff as HECK after pressing it maybe an inch. so i got out, re-did everything and made sure that it was ok looking, so i tried it again, and the same thing happened.

its happened somewhat before, and it just ended up disengaging anyway, and acting the same. this time, the TOB broke. or the retainer perhaps. i can post a picture if possible, but on one side of where the fork attaches to the TOB, part of the TOB broke off, like right where it seems to attach to the fork.

so me and my dad are about to take the transmission out of the car and fix it. would the fork be damaged at all also? or is replacing the TOB going to fix it?

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
I would replace the fork while you have it out. The fork is a cheap fix, might as well do it while you're in there.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bullitt do you know of any good threads that discuss how to remove the tranny?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Idk any threads, but u can start by taking off the starter, 3 bolts and 1 is very hard to get at. Then u need a long extension and some swivels. GL

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is it possible that i broke the retainer of the TOB????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts