Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i just put a new motor in my 01 mustang, it originallly was a gt with a romeo 4.6... i swapped in a windsor 4.6 from an 03 f150 (ill never do it again).
the car is so close to being done i can hear it but ive run into atleast 3 problems that have become a real pain in the neck.

1. valve cover bolts..... im missing like 9 of em and no auto parts store has a listing for em or sells them... really this isnt that bad since ill just go to the junk yard and pull some.

2.the stupid pcv valve on these valve covers seem to be different then what was on the mustang, i was wondering if any one could post a pick of the one on there car so i could see what the difference is.... i may have to get one from a junk yard to... would that even be a smart idea, i dont really understand what its for or if they go bad or anything, give me your thoughts.

3. the plug from my temp sensor has up and walked out of the engine bay i cant figure if i plugged it some where else or what so if some one could also post a pic of the wiring that leads up to the plug under the manifold i would most appreiciate it.

thanks

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
1. junk yard sounds good

2. you can just remove it and get one of those little breathers/ catch cans.

3. look in your old air intake tubing, your temp sensor should be there.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

i got the bolts and im gettin the breathers today

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
don't forget to cap off the intake plenum where the pcv tubing ran to.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks a ton dude i got it all staightened out... i like the breathers better now that i look at it because it gets rid of some of those hoses that clutter up the engine bay.

only down side is i have to drain the tank....... 10 month old fuel just wont fire no matter how bad i try:(

i should finally get my baby back this week

1 - 5 of 5 Posts