Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have couple of issues that I need to look into. First, about two weeks ago, my car started making a "popping" noise coming from the driver side car. The only way I can really describe it that it sounds like a CV joint that has gone bad. (I know I don't have CV joints, I'm just comparing the sound) It only happens upon brakeing, but sounded more like a weight transfer thing then brakes. If I'm at a redlight, I can pump the brakes all day and it won't make the noise. So, I knew I needed shocks and struts, so thinking that might be my problem, I replaced them yesterday. The problem continues, and it even seems as if though it has gotten worse. I check my strut install and everything is good, but I notice that my brake booster is leaking onto my headers. I THINK it's power steering fluid, but Im not sure, I'll have to clean it up and check again to make sure. Why would this be leaking? Its leaking where the booster mounts up with the piece that protrudes through the firewall. I thought if this was a common problem, someone might have the answer. Sorry for the lengthy read.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Dunno about the drip but I doubt that's what's causing your squeak. If it sounds like it's a weight transfer thing it could just be caused by worn out spring isolaters or lack there of depending on whether or not the suspension has ever been touched on your car. I wouldn't worry about squeaks or popping etc. though, our cars are rattle traps, oh if only I had a dollar for every squeaky mustang/cobra I've heard :no I mean lets face it cars just aren't built the way they used to be.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 95 3.8 convertable 5 speed and it does the same thing but only when i accelerate every gear but 5th ? had me worried for a while but I cant figure out where it's coming from?

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
check the isos on the springs. looks at you balljoints while your at it and make sure the are greased.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
bushings and lubrication

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
exhaust system too

1 - 7 of 7 Posts