Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Hardcore Enthusiast
1,578 Posts
I dont think the SCT will work on a car that has bonded with another programmer. Im sorry but that is also the funniest thing I have ever heard. lol Your dad only did it to keep you safe and out of trouble though.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Do the 2010 stangs have mykey like the 2011's? If so it could be that, with the mykey programmed it limits the speed to 80 mph. If thats the case all you have to do is get the masterkey and turn it off.

·
obsessed
374 Posts
Do the 2010 stangs have mykey like the 2011's? If so it could be that, with the mykey programmed it limits the speed to 80 mph. If thats the case all you have to do is get the masterkey and turn it off.
I don't think they do...I never recall mine being programmable.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Why? As long as you don't drive your dad around faster than 81 then he will never know. I don't think the SCT will be able to set a limiter that slow.

·
Registered
158 Posts
So...just a question. If you are going to buy a SCT tuner to unlock the speed limiter isn't that going to be shipped to your house in a SCT box lol? Don't think your dad is that dumb to know what you got there. But yes if you get the original tuner and turn it back to stock you can connect the SCT to it and adjust the speed limit.

·
Registered
75 Posts
So your dad GAVE you a 2010 Mustang GT? And now you want to go behind his back because he set a very reasonable limit for your own safety? You should be on your hands and knees kissing your father's feet, and talking about how great he is on this forum. But instead you're acting like a spoiled little brat. Your dad should smack you, take away the sweet car, and you can f***n walk.

·
Registered
154 Posts
So your dad GAVE you a 2010 Mustang GT? And now you want to go behind his back because he set a very reasonable limit for your own safety? You should be on your hands and knees kissing your father's feet, and talking about how great he is on this forum...
:exactly
It's 81mph, how fast do you plan on driving? It's not like it's set at 40mph. You got a free Mustang!!. Enjoy the car, thank your Dad every time you see him, and stop complaining.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Why do you need to go that fast anyway? It's stupid. Unless you're going to a track

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
Why do you need to go that fast anyway? It's stupid. Unless you're going to a track
i'm sure if you tell your dad that you wanna track it, he'd be more than happy to remove the limiter knowing that you're racing at the track and not on the streets

·
Registered
701 Posts
No doubt. But that's another story. But if you just wanna go fast on the streets, I'm sorry, that's just stupid

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Might as well have his dad get him a focus if he wants to keep him under 85mph.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Just saying. I'd be thankful he gave the car, but I would speak with DAD and let him know to please trust me a little more. Unless you've given him reasons not to...

·
obsessed
374 Posts
So your dad GAVE you a 2010 Mustang GT? And now you want to go behind his back because he set a very reasonable limit for your own safety? You should be on your hands and knees kissing your father's feet, and talking about how great he is on this forum. But instead you're acting like a spoiled little brat. Your dad should smack you, take away the sweet car, and you can f***n walk.
LMFAO!!! I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to sound like a dick...I wish someone would give me a $35,000 car for graduating. I guess some of us just have to work for the things we want out of life...:humpnana

1 - 20 of 34 Posts