Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Wanna be show worthy.
11,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically I need someone to make my vision come alive. (Basically a rendering) I am going to build this vehicle as a project for someone I care for very dearly. This will be a project that I want to start within this next year or so and hopefully have it done within a couple years. The vehicle is a '58 ford pickup..

Basically here's a list us what I want to do to it.

-Front end conversion (to look like a '57 (single headlight))
-Painted corvette yellow (person I hope to do this for LOVES the color)
-I want to put a cummins engine in it, I figured that would be super unique and extremely badass. (It would eventually have compound turbo's.)
-I want a single off set stack coming out the bed. (I want the tip of the stack to be about in the middle of the rear window)
-Slammed with a slight rake. (This truck needs to be low but the back end a little higher)
-Foose knuckle rims in a 17x8 17x11 (super tucked and clean.)
-Shave all the door handles and tailgate handle. (I want it all clean shaven)
-I want one of those small rear view mirror that hangs from the top of the door (ya know?)

If you guys can do a complete rendering 360* view I WILL pay you. Please let me know how I can help. Pictures, more info, etc. I want this to be done big enough so I can print it out and frame it as motivation.:yes

Thank you so much to whoever attempts this and who puts forth the effort and time that I want to put forth towards this project.

·
Wanna be show worthy.
11,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:bump

Sent from my LG-E739 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Torchin tires...
2,206 Posts
This is a nearly impossible task for a regular person lol. Maybe call up the guys from Pixar ;)

·
Bo Baustin
13,134 Posts
I sure as hell can't do it, but I will offer a suggestion. With a stack coming out of the bed, the back of the truck will always be dirty.

It sounds bad ass, I built it in my head as I read it. I like the "look"

·
Wanna be show worthy.
11,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is a nearly impossible task for a regular person lol. Maybe call up the guys from Pixar ;)
I have faith in MM. :lol

I sure as hell can't do it, but I will offer a suggestion. With a stack coming out of the bed, the back of the truck will always be dirty.

It sounds bad ass, I built it in my head as I read it. I like the "look"
I have thought about that, and this truck will almost never get driven except to the occasional local show so I'm not too worried about the soot. Any suggestions? If not the cummins engine I have thought about throwing my 4.6 in there. Its only got like 83k miles on it... But a compound turbo'd cummins just seems so much more badass.:yes

·
Canon Gang
8,240 Posts
I sent the thread to a buddy of mine. He may be able to help.

·
Bo Baustin
13,134 Posts
The cummins would be unique, and honestly a piece of cake to wire compared to any EFI setup (assuming you go with a mechanical injection). I think the biggest problem would be getting it to fit properly. You may need to build a tunnel in the cab for the transmission. Also, they weigh over 1000lbs, so suspension up front to handle the weight would be a must.

Good luck.

·
Make Me Squirt
2,455 Posts
Large, quality reference photos will make this much easier. This is probably something I can do, but the image you're looking for is very specific. Providing reference images will make sure this gets done correctly the first time.

Just kidding— I don't do any 3D. Sorry, man. Just so you're aware, this kind of work, you're probably looking to spend in excess of $1k for a quality rendering.

·
Wanna be show worthy.
11,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I sent the thread to a buddy of mine. He may be able to help.
Thanks a lot man! I would really appreciate it!!

The cummins would be unique, and honestly a piece of cake to wire compared to any EFI setup (assuming you go with a mechanical injection). I think the biggest problem would be getting it to fit properly. You may need to build a tunnel in the cab for the transmission. Also, they weigh over 1000lbs, so suspension up front to handle the weight would be a must.

Good luck.

Yeah, I Figured that. It's going to be years in the making and a vision I had and would like to accomplish. I am looking into a Cummins out of a first gen (12v) for this swap, I've found a compete drivetrain for like $2000..

Large, quality reference photos will make this much easier. This is probably something I can do, but the image you're looking for is very specific. Providing reference images will make sure this gets done correctly the first time.

Just kidding— I don't do any 3D. Sorry, man. Just so you're aware, this kind of work, you're probably looking to spend in excess of $1k for a quality rendering.
I don't want chip foose quality. I'm just looking for someone with time on their hands that want something to do and want to help my vision come alive.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Oh, you don't have to build me a truck, just put a built engine with a turbo in my Mustang and I'll be happy.

:shiftyeyes

·
Wanna be show worthy.
11,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh, you don't have to build me a truck, just put a built engine with a turbo in my Mustang and I'll be happy.

:shiftyeyes
It would be cheaper too:lol

·
Wanna be show worthy.
11,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would get the hottest girl I know to blow you all night:rockon

·
Canon Gang
8,240 Posts
Yeah my friend said he wouldn't be able to do it for less than 1k. And foose quality would be 2-3k.

·
Wanna be show worthy.
11,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for trying.

·
Wanna be show worthy.
11,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I can see where my original post was misread. By a 360* rendering I just meant views from every side. Not necessarily a 3d image.:drink

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
well to get views from all sides the easiest would be to a 3d rendering. Thats what my dad does for a living, but im sure he wouldnt do it for free given the time it requires...

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
is it this truck?

with these headlights?

·
Wanna be show worthy.
11,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well to get views from all sides the easiest would be to a 3d rendering. Thats what my dad does for a living, but im sure he wouldnt do it for free given the time it requires...
Can you give me an estimate?

is it this truck?

with these headlights?
Thats it exactly:yes

With the stance I want as well.

·
Wanna be show worthy.
11,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Basically this in yellow.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts