Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my pistons for free with my rods so its really no loss if they're junk but my gut tells me this piston isn't usable and the rest are in similar condition. I'm not the best at identifying this crap yet so any help would be great.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yea I figured as much, oh well. Like I said, got them for free so its not a loss. Only one of the pistons are any good, I just looked at em all. Either way, I plan to get new ones.

Now what to do with these things since they're useless...

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
use them as paper waits? in all honesty you could probably get away with using them with new rings and a machine shop could machine your block out to make them work, but the heat damage probably weakened the top and it could cause an issue later on. i noticed some pitting on the one side so the heat damage was pretty bad so they more than likely swelled and rubbed the cylander walls and made them so they are out of round

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha i was actually thinking that b/c my buddy at work uses one from his old sr20 motor as one. I'm not gonna use them, I dont wanna risk it and I'd just feel better if I had all new ones that have no damage or wear to them.

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
with something like building an engine, i wouldn't skimp out on the pistons. If they all lok simular to that one they are worked pretty damn hard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts