Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I removed the stock h-pipe with the six Cat looking things LOL and installed the BBK non-catted o/r x pipe. But now the sound when I'm outside the car sounds great, but while inside I need ear plugs ouch! what gives? I have a Flowmaster catback. Should I install cats and if so will the sound inside the cabin become more manageable? ALSO what type of cats should I buy etc universal or name brand.

·
Registered
760 Posts
All depends on the Series of Flows you have. Some Flows tend to drone and you will here it more with the new mid pipe

·
Registered
329 Posts
Change the cat back.

·
Registered
364 Posts
get rid of the cat back with that X pipe, it will sound like ****. then again, i freaking hate x pipes, so i'm biased :)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Borla is the best option im my opinion for a cat-back. Right now i have a catted h-pipe with no muffler on the stock catback and it sounds AMAZING.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Borla is the best option im my opinion for a cat-back. Right now i have a catted h-pipe with no muffler on the stock catback and it sounds AMAZING.
bullshit. i bought my car with no muffler and that and it sounded like **** also having no muffler robs hella power

·
Registered
188 Posts
I will get spin-tech because it's light compare to alot of mufflers.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Your best bet may be to just look on youtube and get a general idea of what your looking for. Sell your catback and find one less droning, I agree with MAC, Borla, and Magnapacks all sound good no drone.

·
Registered
224 Posts
weld the cats in as your first step. that will probably be all you need.

i still say that long tube headers, a catted midpipe and the mufflers of your choice (depending on how loud you like it) is the best sounding system you're going to get...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well Thank you all for your advise. But I must agree with both DynoDon & Joshdj13 as welding two cats onto the x-pipe did the trick. Still sounds sick as **** with a hell of a lot less noise inside the cabin and no smell. I've even gotten preps on the road. Thanks again.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts