Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi Im new here and need some with a problem Im having ! I have a 98 mustang body was a v6 but swaped a 95 5.0 in it the 5.0 was a auto and I changed it to a 5 speed t5 I put in a new fly wheel, clutch kit and a new starter ! the problem Im having is that the starter will spin and the gear is comming out but it wont catch the fly wheel ! I also tryed shimming the starter and nothing ! the wireing harness was also swaped ! if there is anyone who can help me it would be greatly appreciated !

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
is it a mini starter? If it is theres a solenoid on the starter that has to be wired right as well as the one on the fender

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not as far as I know !? it is the same one that came stock on the 5.0 has same part numbers on it ! and there is only a solenoid on the starter nothing on the fender ! and wireing has been replaced also !

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
How many tooth flywheel, what starter did you buy, and what bellhousing are you using? Are you absolutely positive the bendix is coming out on the starter?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not sure I got it from advance auto parts its the high preformance one ! and Im using the bell housing from a 3.8 ! I was told that they were exactly the same ! and Im pretty sure it is comming out !

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
no solenoid on the fender? How do you have the solenoid on the starter wired?

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
I've never run a 3.8 bellhousing personally, but I've seen a lot of people say it will work with the correct length input shaft. That being the case, I would think you either have the wrong starter, or the wrong flywheel. I would double check and make sure you have a 157 tooth fly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts