Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am taking out my stock unit in my 98 mustang and putting in a pioneer deh 1900, its just a temporary thing because i had it and i dont have the money for the one i want. i ordered a plug for the back of it but the wires are completely different than the ones in my stang, so i have been looking for wiring diagrams and the ones i have founf dont seem correct, because they dont cover the wires i have. can someone point me in the right direction? this electrical stuff is not my specialty... but im trying to learn...

·
Registered
889 Posts
im guessing you just have the AM/FM Tape deck w/o the CD player? and no MACH system correct?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im guessing you just have the AM/FM Tape deck w/o the CD player? and no MACH system correct?
no i have the tape deck below, and on top is the stereo. Wow i made it all worse today, im so pissed off today. We cut off the head that plugs into the stock stereo and tried everything so then we connected it back on and found out that fuses were blown, so now i dont even know what to do, if i cut it back off i wont have much room to put on the other one...and the other one was gonna be temporary anyway, im so confused with this stuff...any help is appreciated

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
how much wire did you leave yourself on the male ends of the harness? If you can re-attach it back with wires. If you can tell me what harness you purchased I will be able to help you out. If you dont know the model number a picture will suffice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts