Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I am at a cross roads for what I should do for my new motor. Here are the two choices I have

1). I can go cheap and easy, use what parts I have now, (maybe swap a new cam), all stock parts, and be able to replace my N/A with my turbo motor by the end of the summer. Or...........

2). Wait a while and set some money aside and......build a stroked and .20 over block, definite cam swap, head work, ported and polished intake and exhaust, valve job, better aftermarket turbo, intercooler, lightweight pulleys.....etc.

I know if money was no object number 2 would be a no brainer, but crimeny, just the sdtroker kit alone would run me about 1400 clams.

I'm just tired of driving the N/A knowing what I could have. I Just need some opinions on whether the 2nd option would be worth the wait.

Also, while I'm here, what are the main differences/benefits/drawbacks of roller vs. regular cams.

Please give me your two cents.

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
why built it twice?

you build it like option a and drop a turbo on it odds are your going to be rebuilding it again shortly anyway

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I left that out. The block I'm buildin on is a turbo block, 85 I think TC. The one in the car which will be replaced is a N/A.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts