Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am new to this forum and to Mustangs in general, so please pardon any misunderstandings.

I am currently looking to add a sequential tail light kit to my 1999 Mustang. I was looking at a flashing "Chaser" kit from American Muscle, but they only offer it to the 2005-2009 models. I was wondering if there was a way to add this style to the 1999-04 years (either buying a different kit or building the circuits yourself.)

Thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
get the 99-04 kit and use LED bulbs, the regular bulbs stay on longer because the filament has to heat up and cool down and the LED is either on or off so that will speed up the blinking a bit. I am not sure if it will be as fast as what you are looking at but it will look good

·
MM's V6 Hater
13,422 Posts
Most kits won't work with LEDs. Only ones that I know of are the tail light with built in sequential kits can use leds

·
Registered
4,709 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
I've been running the following splice in kits for 2 years, I highly recommend it.

1999-2004 Mustang Premium Sequential Tail Lights Kit

You'll also want to get the modified flasher bulb to slow the sequence down.
wow, this kit looks great! i saw the one on AM and i fell off my couch when i saw they wanted $100 for a conv. and $150 for the harness!! :screwy:

Because you recommend this, I think i am going to buy it. Thank you for sharing! :)

·
Premium Member
2,063 Posts
Hello, I am new to this forum and to Mustangs in general, so please pardon any misunderstandings.

I am currently looking to add a sequential tail light kit to my 1999 Mustang. I was looking at a flashing "Chaser" kit from American Muscle, but they only offer it to the 2005-2009 models. I was wondering if there was a way to add this style to the 1999-04 years (either buying a different kit or building the circuits yourself.)

Thanks
Unfortunately for the 99-04 Mustangs we really only have 2 options. We have Splice-in and Plug-in! I'm confident you'll be extremely happy with either of these kits and they're both pretty simple to install. Obviously the Plug and Play version is a little easier then the splice in version!

I wish I could be more help here. However, let me know if you have any questions or if I can help you out with one of the kits we do offer! Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266. I can also have one of them call you directly.

-Dan

·
Mr. Stangarang
2,620 Posts
I have the plug n play kit from AM and it's worked flawlessly for over a year now.

·
MM's V6 Hater
13,422 Posts
He wants the chase kit not the normal sequential kit.

Op, just google chase kit and find it that way. I've seen then forsale by one dealer when I was looking up kits. I went with a splice in kit since plug n play is a rip off

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
He wants the chase kit not the normal sequential kit.

Op, just google chase kit and find it that way. I've seen then forsale by one dealer when I was looking up kits. I went with a splice in kit since plug n play is a rip off
When I google "Chase Kit Mustang" it comes up with sequentials.. what's the difference?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts