Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to see pics of S197 trunks with custom boxes. I tried a 12" Kick L7 box (too big) and currently have a JL Audio 3x10" box (too weird shaped), so I'm looking to build a custom box for the back, but need to see some ideas. I still have the L7 box, so I might take the sub out of there and just use that (though I'm considering just running one 10").

Let me see what you have, and please elaborate on the dimensions as well.

Also, how are you mounting it in order to not have it flying back when launching on the street? I've got mine tied down in a quite ugly way right now :eek:

·
Registered
147 Posts
jlaudio.com
Check out the steathlbox for the mustang. 13w6 woofer. Awesome! I sell these things for a living.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stangracer - Nice, for sure, but $950 is pretty steep! If you can offer it to me for about 1/2 that, let me know :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
I wish but yes, the stealthboxes are pricey but worth it. Keep on on ebay for one. Try audioenhancers.com for mustangs boxes.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
I'll get a picture of my girlfriend's brother's system. It's a custom fiberglass box he built that has two subs in those two corners. If anyone is interested he's also willing to custom build these boxes for people.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Erin, that looks like complete and utter ****.

:love

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Erin! That's exactly what I wanted to see.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Erin, should I assume you built that box yourself? If so, where did you get the perfectly matching carpet?

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
damn dude everything you make is clean haha

·
Registered
872 Posts
Are you considering single sub boxes, or only double? The Q Logic and MTX boxes are nice if you're willing to go single.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Are you considering single sub boxes, or only double? The Q Logic and MTX boxes are nice if you're willing to go single.
I'd prefer single. I don't need a ton of bass. Just need to fill out the low end a bit.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
santi - Did you remove your spare tire for the amp?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts