Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
MM's Official Lucifer
4,081 Posts
NO! Don't waste the money on a name brand. Go to Ebay, or American Muscle.com and have one for under $100. It's the same thing as the Bbk without the name on it. I have one from Ebay, cost $60 (a few years back) and I had it powder coated to match exterior paint, and now have a K&N filter on it. Even making your own will give you similar power results, just probably won't look as nice.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
As far as the cost, if you are willing to spend that. For performance wise it will be the same no matter what brand. I know that a lot of people on here get the spectre because it is cheap and simply install a [email protected] filter on it. You do not need to worry about brand for the v6 mustang until you get to 2005 on up. They will all give the same performance, so I would go with a cheap one that looks good and is polished and then throw on a [email protected] filter. Just saving you some money. If i would have known this i would not have spent 200 on my [email protected] brand intake.

·
MM's Official Lucifer
4,081 Posts
You could, however that's not what we (or at least I) were/was suggesting. I have a K&N filter on my cold air intake, I just replaced the filter that came with it from Ebay once it got dirty, but the filters are actually pretty similar anyway.

·
MM's Official Lucifer
4,081 Posts
The drop-in if I am correct in thinking just goes into your stock air box, and you can remove the silencer, which doesn't do much besides change the tone ever so slightly. With the whole CAI I felt an increase in giddy-up and slight tone change, as well as the whistle from air-build up. nice mod IMO, and the right one, powder/coated or painted or what have you really spices up under the hood.

·
So say we all.
594 Posts
Only use name brand, IMO, if youre entering your car in a show. Judges love K&N and BBK. Normally customer stuff, unless amazingly done, wont score you extra points and MIGHT detract.

$180 is a bit high. Use the stock 4'', take off the box and the whale penis, get a aluminum adaptor and a cone filter.

·
MM's Official Lucifer
4,081 Posts
You'll be happy. Maybe call them and cancel the filter if it hasnt shipped yet they prolly will, AM has great customer service. If not then yeah, once that one gets dirty throw the K&N on, very similar filter.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.