Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Im pulling the triger and going to get a pypes o/r x pipe from am cant wait to get it hows the install / fitment anything I should know about before install thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well Im pulling the triger and going to get a pypes o/r x pipe from am cant wait to get it hows the install / fitment anything I should know about before install thanks
I did it with an impact and a 5" extension and a swivel u-joint with a deep 15mm.

Took literally an hour incl. lifting the car and lowering it. With stock mufflers, expect little to no noise increase in-cabin at cruising speed.

Exhaust volume outside of the car at anything more than 1/2 throttle is STUPID LOUD. I love it.

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
Will do as of right now I got my stock mufflers unbolted so will see how it sounds :)
most don't like the sound of removing the mufflers completely. it dumps the exhaust under the car so all that noise comes right back into the car rather than out the back. just irritating to have to yell in order to talk to someone sitting a foot away

·
Eat Springs, **** Valves
9,332 Posts
I have a pypes o/r x and I love the sound with the stock mufflers. Its going to way too loud without the mufflers on. Idling it sounds nice, but give it some gas and your ear drums will explode. Putting mine on was a pretty quick process, although the end that connects to the cat back tubing needed to be expanded to fit. I don't know how many people have had that problem though.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The pypes o/r x is a beast and its only loud when it first starts up cold....after a few minutes of idle it will calm down and you won't even notice you have an x pipe.... I got one without the cats and your right that b&*ch is loud when you get on it....under about 2.5k rpm you can get away with but anything above that your going to notice it and others will too....hey when you get it on try this trick....in first gear slowly bring your car to about 6k rpm and push the clutch in ...it makes a bad ass sound....i love doing it all the time

·
Registered
486 Posts
i got the o/r x with there headers and i loved it then i just recently got bassani axle backs and it sounds even better!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts