Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swap an engine until this sucker has over 200k miles. Oh, and i'm gonna need a couch to crash on once Beestang sees the total. I'll keep this thread updated when I can make time to do the swap.

Parts I've gathered already:
05 Engine w/ 25k miles for $1,100 SHIPPED!!!! Can you say hell yea?
05 Auto ECU/ Wiring harness FOR FREE!!!!!!
05 MT Wiring harnes $125 shipped
PS Lines and AC lines FREE SNITCHES!!!!

Ram HDX Clutch $200
Ram Steel Flywheel $300
Pypes Mid pipe $180
Steeda Economy plates $85

I'm about to pick up a C&L Racer intake for $45:icon_kidra : (I'm surprised I even found this.

COMP NSR II CAMS for $635 Can you say hellz ya? This is the part that I'm most excited about. I'm hoping for 330whp once I get it tuned and $350 when I get LT's down the road.

Total: $2,585 Not bad considering it includes cams.

Parts I still need:
Fuel rails including fuel lines to the fuel feed line.
dust shield

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh you are doing a swap. I didnt even pay attention. I was wondering why you said you got an engine that came with fuel rails but... Cool stuff man good luck.

What dust shield are we talking about?

Just the thin piece of metal between the engine and the 6spd:cool:. I'm sorry to all you 5spd guys but If i'm gonna spend over $2k I'm gonna rub it in whenever I can:p:tomato.....

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool man. Keep us posted once you start the swap, should be fun!! So your v6 motor has 200k!!?
no. The car has 40k miles. I don't want to touch the engine until it has 200,000 miles because this will be the 4th motor I've put into this car

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh ok. WOW, 3 motors already!! Whats up with that?
Cliff notes:
DTP installed my turbo and boost controller. [email protected] everything up.
Blew 1 trans
then Blew 1 engine
Then Blew 2nd engine trying to fix what was wrong since day one.
Sold turbo
Replaced with stock 3rd engine.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Sweet ass project!!

Side note, it's okay, my 5 speed car will still have 200 more rwhp once you get tuned. ;)

no. The car has 40k miles. I don't want to touch the engine until it has 200,000 miles because this will be the 4th motor I've put into this car
What are you doing wrong?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sweet ass project!!

Side note, it's okay, my 5 speed car will still have 200 more rwhp once you get tuned. ;)

What are you doing wrong?
Letting Dyno Tune Performance touch my ****ing car. AGGGHHHH. They are located in Chesapeake VA.

First time it blew the boost controller was set up incorrectly and I was trying to get it to work correctly. The car had to have been pushing serious psi because the hood just lifted up.

I'm done with F/I. Well...kinda. I am planning on a small 50 or 75 shot:p

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is what Christmas looks like for a gear head. Every time I look at these boxes it tears me up:101:.

·
Tini Tini Bo Bini
9,029 Posts
thats a nice setup for the price. lucky bastard

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rise...back from the dead.

Update:
Update...I only had 7hrs to get what I needed done. Anyways, it was a lot more time consuming and troublesome than I remember when I put it in a year ago.

Anyways, I got all the way up to the point where I completely unhooked the engine and got it hooked to the engine dolly. It was 5 minutes until closing and I realized the the engine and transmission won't move forward. My retarded behind left the shifter attached.

So that was a bummer, but tomorrow the v6 is coming out and the v8 should go in like butta. I just hope my a/c and p/s lines didn't get kinked.

My phone decided to die so no pics. sorry.

Edit: According to Bamachips the cam lobes are made of a strong powder coating metal so no worries of bending the cam lobes. So this means to all you guys out their who like taking the shortcut, it is possible to install cams w/o taking the followers off if you go slow (1/4 turns in sequence).

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Cam lobes are made of compressed powdered metal, not powder coated metal.

That's where they actually take powdered metal, heat it up and compress it in a mold under very high pressure to make most all of the metal parts in our engines from cam lobes to cam gears, piston rods, etc.

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
Sounds like a fun swap...

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Me and 2 friends got a lot done in 4 hours of work. We got the v6 & tranny out at the same time, installed the v8, clutch/flywheel and trans. I almost forgot how heavy that 6spd it. Talk is cheap soo...

Awww isn't she so cute....

after
You can't see her but the 6spd is riding the v8's behind. Big thanks to Randys06v6 and Eric who just graduated from college hahahaha.... for helping me get the engine + transmission in 2hrs. If we were given 12 strait hours I have no doubt I would have drove Tasha home.

Here's some in between pics.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts