Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just put my battary in the back took it for a spin and the car would spit and fat and the radio would klip off then on my ? Is where did you guy ground your batt. What did u do with the wire going to the neg post. Thank for the help guys

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
i always heard to ground the wire on the battery to the rear frame portion. then attach the original battery ground to the front frame. however when you ran your power wire did you by any chance loosen the bolt on the side of the fuse box? when doing a motor swap in my buddies car he left that bolt lose and it would sputter and die sometimes and the radio would randomly cut out, and that was the cause.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
^this.

my ground cable is where the quad shock bracket use to be

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My power wire is to the fuse panel and the ground is to the quad shock with is still installed I might have make a new ground spot myself

·
Registered
115 Posts
how long did you run it? my car acted funny when i replaced my battery for a little while, but i believe its just from the computer haveing to reboot? idk, i didnt use a memory chip device

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It would idle fine it was moving that was the problem . Just install water to air so had to purge thing while run the car

·
Registered
678 Posts
What size wire did you use for the grounds?

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
4gauge sounds too small to me. did you go check the wire at the fuse box and make sure that nut is on tight?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes check the fuse . Clean the grounds spot will check car tomarrow kids asleep and the car in the garage under them thanks for the help

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
if it came with the taylor kit i'm sure it's ok. I just cant see it being 4gauge tho that seems small.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts