Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i got her running and I noticed something very very bad that almost made me throw up she has some bad rust in the engine bay on the left and right sides get pics soon any ideas? its like above and next to wear the tires are

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Dude seriously, did you just walk up to this guy.. and hand him cash, and drive off with the car without actually inspecting it first?

·
Registered
437 Posts
ok so i got her running and I noticed something very very bad that almost made me throw up she has some bad rust in the engine bay on the left and right sides get pics soon any ideas? its like above and next to wear the tires are
Shock tower maybe?

·
Registered
685 Posts
How bad is the rust? Alot of cars this old are going to have some I know mine is far from perfect. Lets see the pics.

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
no its my 2nd car i didnt know what to look for and no its not rusted threw but its kinda bad get pics soon as i can

yeah its the shock tower

·
Registered
5,029 Posts

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok guys i almost lost my lunch i was soooo scared how can I fix it or start to fix it or anything to make it better

and ok my mustang I turned down the idle a hair and its alot better but when it warms up it still warms upo at 2k and its like warm for 3 or 4 min before it will calm down...

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
indeed, i did mine

dont go over board and smooth the whole bay...its a pain in the ass...believe me

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dont have a camera right now but what if it isnt.... what would the verdict be

·
Registered
423 Posts

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
dont have a camera right now but what if it isnt.... what would the verdict be
Sell it and buy something in better condition! Jeez man! J/K. :)

If your not inclined to do body work, i would take it a body shop.. and have a pro take a look at it. They would be able to give you much better advice.

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok yeah wow I was really worried about it at first man i really almost threw up I do have a chance to sell it for the payoff (took out a loan) i might but then dont have a vehicle so what do you guys think

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I think.. and this is just what i think... You should take this experience and learn from it. Sell the car, and find something in better condition. If you have any amount of knowledge, and time to work on the car.. then keep it, because you'll learn even more working on it. But, if you just want a mustang to drive, and get back and forth.. sell this one, and find another one.

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Im going to take that into deep considiration
Im torn I want it but then i dont like because it needs work im not worried about workin on it I just dont know if I'll have the time

wonder if anyone on the forums want it pm me I;ll find out my payoff think its like 1800ish

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Trust me man, mustangs are like women... there are TONS of them out there. This is just another flavor of the week... thats blunt, but you understand. You have to really be honest with yourself, and be realistic. Your only what... 18, 19? You probably dont make a heck of a lot of money.. you'd be much better off finding a car that has little to no problems, and just having fun with the car. Working on a car all the damn time just to keep it up to par is a pain in the ass, especially when your young, and have very little money. This is just my opinion though.

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah I understand but how much could I get for it you know because i have to get payoff and then some for another car....or im screwed if i dont get another car

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
It really depends. First, get some good pictures of the car. Take pictures of everything you can think of. Describe the car to the best of your capability.. and we'll give you an idea.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts