Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
I'm cool..
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The nitrous world that it. From day 1 my entire build thread was originally going turbo... i went in a different direction. While nitrous is nice and all, every day I have mixed feelings about my car because its not done "right." So i have decided to change that. Im almost 99.9% sure and set that im going to go turbo. Single turbo to be exact. Im going to be selling my 4:10 gears, my Mac Long Tubes, my Nitrous kit, and maybe even my lowering springs.. (still need to do some more reasearch on the clearance!), which will fund my build. Im going to keep stock internals and run 9 psi, and eventually change the internals and boost the living F out of it and make my tires scream and beg for mercy.

As some of you guys knew, i was looking on getting cams, a new stall, and then adding another 50 shot = 150, and being complete with my build. Well i thought about it and it depressed me. I was going to finish something that i didnt not want in the first place. There is nothing wrong with nitrous, trust me ;), but at the end of the day it wasnt my original goal.

Before i leave though i still need to go to the track and make my pass!! I want to get a comparison of my nitrous vs the turbo, If i end up going the route i intentionally wanted to go. Just thought i would share it with you guys! :D

·
Registered
631 Posts
Good luck on your turbo build GTRacer. I don't care too much for nitrous myself. Been thinking about supercharging mine for a long time, but may end up going the turbo route as well.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Keep us posted on the ground clearance issue-
I've been wondering about that myself. I want to go turbo with my stock ride height, but I have no less than 4 speed bumps on my way to work. I've seen pics of the Hellion Kit installed, but it's hard to tell just how low it hangs..

·
I'm cool..
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jakaash you have dibs on my longtubes.

I'll also keep you guys posted. So far I have interest in all my parts except my 4:10 gears.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Nice man. What size turbo? Thats going to be bad asssss. If jaksahh doesnt buy the Mac LT's from you tell me what you want from them and Ill take em.

·
I'm cool..
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lol. I have 3 people wanting the longtubes. Someone buy my gears lol.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
lol. I already have 4.10's. If you sell your lowering springs Im interested in those too.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
You won't end up with much of a clearance issue from the ground really. You will have issues with K-Member clearance. Most Turbo kits require you to have a tubular K member, and very few of those support springs at all. They usually require coil overs. That is why the HP Kit and the Helion kit come with K-member and coil over kits.

·
I'm cool..
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Right. This kit was made for stock k member and stock ride height. I'm researching to see if coil overs and a tubular k member will actually allow me to keep my lowering springs.

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
if the three other people get the swine flu and die ill take ur MAC lts XD
who makes the juice?

·
I'm cool..
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Pm me a price. I have a number in mind but if it's good enough I might take it. It's dynotune nitrous. I already have someone who wants it. Another thing is that all the parts have under 10k miles. The gears have about 5k

·
Registered
35 Posts
what tubo kit you looking into

·
:)
11,583 Posts
i'd get a tubular K member anyways. You can move your wheels an inch or two forwards for better weight distribution.

·
I'm cool..
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Maybe on the tubular k member. I will eventually do it but as of right now I'm looking to see if I do a k member and coil overs if I can keep my lowering springs.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
If you get coil overs you don't keep your springs. the Coil overs are the springs. if you are wondering about the rear, yes you can. You can keep the lowering springs and just get coil over springs that work with them.

If you do get a tubular K member, there are some that allow you to use your normal style springs. Most don't have spring perches, and they take tons of space on the K-member that they are trying to save. So most do not keep them.

·
I'm cool..
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If you get coil overs you don't keep your springs. the Coil overs are the springs. if you are wondering about the rear, yes you can. You can keep the lowering springs and just get coil over springs that work with them.

If you do get a tubular K member, there are some that allow you to use your normal style springs. Most don't have spring perches, and they take tons of space on the K-member that they are trying to save. So most do not keep them.
It was a typo. Stupid iPhone. It was suppose to say "if I do a k member and coil overs THEN (not IF) I CANT (not can) keep my lowering springs. I know coil overs already have the springs and know that are different. It was a typo. If I were to get a tubular k I would get coilovers and new a arms.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts