Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so some may know i have put a new motor in my car. everything is bolted up and i go to start it after about 8 months. It had it little less than a quarter of a tank so i put some dry gas in there, then let it sit for a bit then added 6 gallons in. Tried to start and just kept cranking. check for spark and i have it, checked the fuel rails and there is fuel. i put some starter fuid through the throttle body while trying to crank and it would give me pops and turn over as long as i sprayed the fluid in. i checked for voltage to injectors and they are getting power. Im pretty sure its the injectors. What would be the best way to clean them or could they just b shot? also i found 24'lbs injectors for 75 bucks could i put those in without a calibrated MAF and it will just spray at 19#? or will it still act funky?

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump

·
Registered
245 Posts
ive never seen a case of all 8 injectors being clogged at the same time,i mean even if one is severely clogged it should still start,id check your sensors and stuff first to make sure youre getting spark and fuel at the proper time. check all youre pigtails make sure they all have a good connection.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
will check tommorrow for fuel pressure and double check all sensors you dont think all injectors would clog up if the car has been sitting so long?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts