Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was switching the hook my quadrant and the dust cover would not go since the fork was low. I did not have time to mess with it since I got called into work. But if the fork came off the stud will I have to drop the trans to put it on?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
No, Just shove it back up in there. It will pop back on.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Yeah just put your hand threw the clutch window and push it back on. Just make sure the two metal clips are behind the stud.

·
Registered
356 Posts
so, I know this thread is a few weeks old but i didn't want to start a new one with related questions. Today I pulled my cover to track down a little chatter i was getting and saw I had the same issue.

Apparently its been rubbing for a little while. My question is, is there anything I need to double check for? I pushed the fork up and it moved back up, but idk why it worked its way down to begin with.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
I used to remove the clutch cable, push my arm all the way up in and around the bellhousing with a wrench cut just to size to adjust the length of my pivot stud.... if I can do that then anyone can shove the fork back over the stud. Just make sure the spring clips are behind the stud... if its coming off on its own its because the stud or fork are worn out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts