Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed last night that there is a ton of slop in my shiftEr when it's in gear. Also when shifting I can feel like a clicking/grinding noise in the base of of the shift like something is stuck in it. Is it time for a mgw?

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
lol thats ironic, in that one thread you were just talking about your hurst hahah, get the mgw or pro 5.0

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
Remove the shift boot and see if the shifter is actually to blame here.

Jazzer :)

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
Maybe the tranny brother.. Has the pattern seemed crooked as if the shift from 1-2 is not straight back, and the same with 3-4? That would mean your synchros are going, or the roller pins came out of the shift forks. Time for a D&D Performance T-3650.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
And any time is a good time for a MGW... Damn near sounds like a bear add...miller genuine ...hmmm I don't know what the w would stand for

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Hate to say it but it might not the the shifter bud :(

Could be a tranny issue too. But I'd suggest first, taking off the shifter and see if it actually is the shifter. If not, then we'll have to assume it's a tranny issue and we can go from there.

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
its prob just the plastic bushing that sits over the ball that goes down into the shifter 5 dollar fix

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Uhhh so the shifter handle bolts were loose :shiftyeyes no mgw for me :sorry
Well that's good news though! No $$$ issues.

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
haha, this happens to me from time to time. I have a shift arm I did up, I messed up somehow and have to tighten the bolts back down once a month or so. I should loctite the bolts in...

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
ya'll sukas

:)

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
All you pepes want a piece of The Jazzer...

Jazzer.... bringin' sexuality to psychopaths :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts