Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn, im so stressed out right now.

Anyways, so i'm driving about a mile from my house, and all of a sudden the check engine light comes on and starts flashing, it starts missing really badly.

I shut it off, restart it and limp it home.. i noticed the passenger side closest to the firewall plug wire is off.. any ideas?

i really hope i didn't blow it up

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
well. having a plug wire not connected to your spark plug will cause a miss.

:lol

reconnect it and start the motor and see what happens.

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
first see if the plus is still in the head.. if not you blew a plug which means you need to get it re-threaded. if there is a plug in the head change your wires as it's probably just a bad wire.

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
if it's not seating properly it's not going to make a good connection.

a cheap way to test ( DON'T start your motor)
is to swap the bad wire and try and plug it into a different cylinder.

if it still falls out it's the wire.

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
don't start it at all. lol

take the bad plug wire and try plugging it into a different cylinder. if it falls out of that cylinder as well it's a bad wire.

·
booooost'd
7,545 Posts
your car is fine man, just change your wires and plugs. my car has ran like that for 6 months:D My intake manifold kept leaking into my plugs, and i kept getting a cylinder 6 misfire. Thats all being fixed this week though with my pi intake.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks, im so relieved right now haha. it just started shakin so bad i was like time to get a new motor, and i wasn't thinking straight i guess. I'm gonna check the plugs, but for sure get new wires.

Thanks for all the help guys.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts