Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there, i said it. i dont care if its legalized or not, but for the life of me i cant stand it at the same time. people treat it like its religion, its a ****ing plant. ive had enough of this "420 YOLO blaze it" bullshit to last a lifetime. quit acting like it "frees the mind" its a goddamn hallucinogen for **** sakes, nothing special.

i also find it funny how a lot of them hate cops because theyve been busted for possesion. you broke the law dumbass, if you didnt want to get caught, maybe you should have left it at home?

and why am i constantly being bombarded with pot leafs and other associated crap when i go to a clothes store? i see weed related items more than anything else.

anyways, FLAME SUIT ON!

·
Turbo > blower
13,867 Posts
you had me at i think weed culture is stupid.

What i love is poking holes in all the **** that stoners say its useful for. i've heard some outlandish claims, like it will replace fossil fuels and **** :lol

however, its not a hallucinogen, its just a depressant

·
Official Thread Killer
10,459 Posts
Yeah, I agree... I never understood the desire to use, the media hype about shunning it, nor the association with being "thug, gangsta, or a badass" when using mj or any drug really.

I'm a pretty average guy though... I like classic rock, work a job, have a wife, etc etc... so I never really went down a **** ton of hard roads... yeah there were a few, but nothing I can't overcome.

·
Will Eat Spam From Your Butt
6,807 Posts
I don't see the pot leaf clothing at many stores, and I live in Washington. You must be going to the wrong stores? Quit shopping at stores for kids.

That said, I share your sentiments. Like, yeah, I smoke, but to me its not much different than coming home and having a few beers at the end of the day to relax. I went to a 420 event on Sunday and ended up leaving soon after cause 1) I had to drive home and won't drive stoned, and 2) I got annoyed with all the people running around acting like Bob Marley and preaching their "weed is a lifestyle" crap. I have better things to revolve my life around than getting blazed all the time.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Weed is a hallucinogen. At least is qualified as such. I think people have a right to how they want to express their culture, but I personally think your demonizing how the real "culture" is behind it. I don't smoke anymore, but when I did I enjoyed the culture of the people who didn't speak like "YOLO 420 BRO," it was more of a lax way to spend some time.

As to people being angry about being caught for possession, I personally think they have every right. If you don't believe in a law and you choose to break it obviously you are going to face the consequences at some point, but if they're standing up for what they believe in, no matter how stupid the subject is, I think they're doing their job as an American to push for reforms in what they care about.

·
Will Eat Spam From Your Butt
6,807 Posts
Weed is a hallucinogen. At least is qualified as such. I think people have a right to how they want to express their culture, but I personally think your demonizing how the real "culture" is behind it. I don't smoke anymore, but when I did I enjoyed the culture of the people who didn't speak like "YOLO 420 BRO," it was more of a lax way to spend some time.

As to people being angry about being caught for possession, I personally think they have every right. If you don't believe in a law and you choose to break it obviously you are going to face the consequences at some point, but if they're standing up for what they believe in, no matter how stupid the subject is, I think they're doing their job as an American to push for reforms in what they care about.
Lol. No. They're making stupid mistakes putting their habit before their freedom, then whining when that doesn't work out for them.

There are far more useful avenues to push for reform then bitching about getting caught.

·
Administrator
33,193 Posts
i haven't smoked weed in years, but it's enjoyable and useful in a lot of different ways, and i have nothing against it whatsoever, but with that being said...

i think "weed culture" is retarded too. just because you smoke it, that doesn't mean you should go around making a big deal about it and advertising it everywhere. that's what children do. it seems like the first rule of smoking weed is the opposite of the first rule of fight club.

but the same goes for anything. if you talk about something so much, it gets annoying as ****. that's what annoys me about self proclaimed atheists on the internet. i do share a lot of sentiments with them, but few things bug me more than seeing somebody casually use the word "god" on the internet, then seeing an atheist chime in and go on a rant about god not existing

but yeah, that's a whole different tangent that i didn't mean to get started on. lol

·
Turbo > blower
13,867 Posts
Lol. No. They're making stupid mistakes putting their habit before their freedom, then whining when that doesn't work out for them.

There are far more useful avenues to push for reform then bitching about getting caught.
****ING THANK YOU reps

i haven't smoked weed in years, but it's enjoyable and useful in a lot of different ways, and i have nothing against it whatsoever, but with that being said...

i think "weed culture" is retarded too. just because you smoke it, that doesn't mean you should go around making a big deal about it and advertising it everywhere. that's what children do. it seems like the first rule of smoking weed is the opposite of the first rule of fight club.

but the same goes for anything. if you talk about something so much, it gets annoying as ****. that's what annoys me about self proclaimed atheists on the internet. i do share a lot of sentiments with them, but few things bug me more than seeing somebody casually use the word "god" on the internet, then seeing an atheist chime in and go on a rant about god not existing

but yeah, that's a whole different tangent that i didn't mean to get started on. lol
yea i completely agree. while i agree with most of the **** the athiests say, I think some people need to just shut the **** up.

its a problem with kids these days, and i think the internet is to blame. people think that their input is always wanted, and that everybody needs and wants to drop everything just to pay attention to what the **** they have to say. they don't understand that no, what you say doesn't ****ing matter, and nobody really cares what you have to say.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't see the pot leaf clothing at many stores, and I live in Washington. You must be going to the wrong stores? Quit shopping at stores for kids.
i was buying blue jeans at jc penny, but couldnt help noticing it in every other clothing store window in the mall. (stores like spencers etc.)

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
I've been smoking for 35 years except for a few years when I was a Marine. I am a professional, 3 cars, a house and a family. I never have gone around taughting the weed culture. In fact the less people know the better. If you were to meet me you would not even think about me being a stoner. I grew up with it (northern
California) and been around it since I can remember. It's a choice you make like drinking. It has consequences like any other vice. If you can't deal with the consequences than you shouldn't smoke. I don't want to hear people whine about getting busted. It's a concious choice that you make with nobody to blame but yourself. if you do 75 in a 55 and get a ticket, it's the same thing. It is a choice one has to make so deal with it. I could care less if someone smokes or not, but just don't push it on people and society if it is not wanted.

·
Chicken ****er
2,633 Posts
I would smoke if it became legal but as for a culture I never noticed. I'd treat it like beer or liqour. I do have some friends who claim it's a miracle drug but I also have friends who claim the same of tofu. Like everything else that's annoying in the world, ignore it.

·
Registered
145 Posts

We can agree to disagree, but I truly believe this. Not necessarily only when it comes to marijuana, but all aspects of life. You should read Civil Disobedience by Henry David Thoreau, it might change your mind. I can see why you'd think that though as it makes sense, but I wasn't saying bitching, but rather speaking your mind about political matters that are current issues. So lol. Yeah.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I'll agree the "weed culture" is a bit extreme, however to knock weed itself, I can't agree with that. I used to be quite the connoisseur before I enlisted in the navy, but you would've never known it unless I smoked right in front of you. It's like boss was saying, I didn't go around preaching my interests and what I did to others, I just did it. It was almost just like cigarettes to me. But I was still a contributing member to society. I knew the consequences if I was caught doing something I shouldn't, same as any of us speeding on the streets (which we all do). People could say the same about all the boozers out there who post pictures of drinking beer and taking shots, shirts with beer logos and such, it's just the same.

I would go as far to say that if there could be a vote to legalize weed and criminalize drinking, I'd be all for it. I would bet my bottom dollar there would be less deaths due to driving under an influence.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
Anything that supersedes logic and reason and becomes a 'culture' in your life is undermining your life. Weed, alcohol, whatever it is. If you have to go out of your way to make it known what your 'culture' is all aboot, you need to check yourself before...

well you know.

·
I smell like beef
5,580 Posts
When you get past age 17, smoking weed just isn't cool anymore. I've got too much **** to do in daily life to have time to get high and I really don't think you should advertise that you use.

Sorta related story:
Last week a guy came in (prolly 30-ish) to apply for a job on our night crew. He REEEEEKED of the stuff. He also had a big smear of mustard on his lips/cheek. Maybe he had a hankering for a corn dog after sparking a fatty. Shockingly, he didn't pass his background check.

·
Chicken ****er
2,633 Posts
When you get past age 17, smoking weed just isn't cool anymore. I've got too much **** to do in daily life to have time to get high and I really don't think you should advertise that you use.

Sorta related story:
Last week a guy came in (prolly 30-ish) to apply for a job on our night crew. He REEEEEKED of the stuff. He also had a big smear of mustard on his lips/cheek. Maybe he had a hankering for a corn dog after sparking a fatty. Shockingly, he didn't pass his background check.
Why you gotta be putting my business on blast like that?

·
The Stig
899 Posts
I used to smoke a lot. Not the every day, 3 times a day kind of smoker, but at least 3-4 times a week. I can honestly say that I don't know a single stoner(every day user) that has a lot going for them. Most sit around all day, watch TV, play video games, and...you guessed it, get high!

I also don't believe for a second that the stuff isn't addictive. Maybe not physically, but it definitely is mentally addictive. My brother started smoking his Freshman year of high school and it tore him apart. Bad decision after bad decision, and all of it had to do with his pot addiction in some way. The "top 10" stoners from my high school are all going nowhere fast.

I personally don't know anybody that's a heavy user and successful, but I'm sure they are out there. I don't think that it should be legalized, but if you are able to use and still be a productive member of society I don't hold it against you. For me, pot takes away any and all motivation I have. When I was using it I simply didn't care about anything except smoking it and wasting time.

If it does get legalized then so be it, but I will still raise my kids to be against all that stuff because I know several people, including myself, who have fallen victim to it. Luckily I was able to pull myself out of that hole, but not everybody is able to.

·
Rent Asunder!
11,806 Posts
you had me at i think weed culture is stupid.

What i love is poking holes in all the **** that stoners say its useful for. i've heard some outlandish claims, like it will replace fossil fuels and **** :lol

however, its not a hallucinogen, its just a depressant
Actually... you can make a fuel from hemp, though it's very low energy and would never make it as a substitute to any actual fuel on the market today.

Hemp oil has been shown to kill cancer cells.

Smoking marijuana has proven health benefits for people with arthritis, depression/anxiety, cancer patients going through chemo, and so on.

I'm all for it's legalization, both for medicinal purposes and recreational use. The people who are going to smoke it are already smoking it. We're wasting time and resources trying to stop it.

---------- Post added at 01:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 AM ----------

I used to smoke a lot. Not the every day, 3 times a day kind of smoker, but at least 3-4 times a week. I can honestly say that I don't know a single stoner(every day user) that has a lot going for them. Most sit around all day, watch TV, play video games, and...you guessed it, get high!

I also don't believe for a second that the stuff isn't addictive. Maybe not physically, but it definitely is mentally addictive. My brother started smoking his Freshman year of high school and it tore him apart. Bad decision after bad decision, and all of it had to do with his pot addiction in some way. The "top 10" stoners from my high school are all going nowhere fast.

I personally don't know anybody that's a heavy user and successful, but I'm sure they are out there. I don't think that it should be legalized, but if you are able to use and still be a productive member of society I don't hold it against you. For me, pot takes away any and all motivation I have. When I was using it I simply didn't care about anything except smoking it and wasting time.

If it does get legalized then so be it, but I will still raise my kids to be against all that stuff because I know several people, including myself, who have fallen victim to it. Luckily I was able to pull myself out of that hole, but not everybody is able to.
When you first started smoking it, what attracted you to it? Was it the thought having a joint to chill and get high or was it a "be a man" thing by doing something illegal? A lot of teenage users fall in the 2nd group and just kinda become the first group after a while. Make it legal and you'll probably actually reduce the number of people smoking it cause it won't be "cool" anymore.

I remember how it was for me and drinking. It was more fun and exciting to drink and get drunk before I turned 21 than after I turned 21. It lost a bit of it's luster. Same principle would apply to wee if it was legalized.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts