Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i go put gas in my car and ill say fill it up and they put it to pump on auto then it stops iguess the sensor is very sensitive so i will have to hold the handle down and start an stop the pump lol hope i make sense . i just want to make sure this is not affecting anything and more of an inconvenience lol

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
There are a couple of things that can be causing it. I would check the check valve and vent valves first.

·
Registered
707 Posts
re

when you figure it out let me know so I can put that option on mine, my car just does the opposite, it keeps swallowing the fuel yelling more more

·
Registered
19 Posts
so i go put gas in my car and ill say fill it up and they put it to pump on auto then it stops iguess the sensor is very sensitive so i will have to hold the handle down and start an stop the pump lol hope i make sense . i just want to make sure this is not affecting anything and more of an inconvenience lol
I have had that issue, one, it is due to air in the tank, and not being released, i noticed it only happend at certain gas stations, so i assumed it was not my car.. In NY you have to pump your own, but when it happens i take the nozzle and flip it upside down... then it just flows correctly, i think it has to do with the preassure release on the physical pump..

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
There are a couple of things that can be causing it. I would check the check valve and vent valves first.
No check valves on these older cars... they were built to burn to the ground.

This was posted in the 5.0 section, so I assume it is on an older car...

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
I assumed he was talking about the 01. Regardless the foxs atleast have a vent valve.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
I assumed he was talking about the 01. Regardless the foxs atleast have a vent valve.
They have a vent, but no valve, just a line from the top of the tank to a charcoal box in the engine bay.

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
i'LL HAVE TO LOOK THE NEXT TIME i'M IN A FOX. bUT IN THE MEAN TIME i CAN GIVE YOU A PART NUMBER FOR IT. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.